New Droid 2 Global -- Random Reboots already???

kijutsu

Reaction score
Good morning!

My Droid 1 finally gave up the ghost, and the internet earpiece speaker gaveout entirely. It was useless as a phone.
I went to VZW, bought a new D2G and it seems to be working fine, other than the fact that it has already rebooted on it's own 3 or 4 times in the matter of 2 days or so.
It's still stick, not rooted, and I have a similer app load that I had on my Droid 1 -- which didn't have random reboots.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good morning!

My Droid 1 finally gave up the ghost, and the internet earpiece speaker gaveout entirely. It was useless as a phone.
I went to VZW, bought a new D2G and it seems to be working fine, other than the fact that it has already rebooted on it's own 3 or 4 times in the matter of 2 days or so.
It's still stick, not rooted, and I have a similer app load that I had on my Droid 1 -- which didn't have random reboots.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

First thing that comes to mind is that you may have a task killer or antivirus. If you do please get rid of those.

My second thought is you have an app that isn't playing well with this O's. Hard to say what that may be. Sometimes the "helpful" people at Verizon install things we don't really need. Now you're going to find a lot of blur and other bloatware but that shouldn't make it restart.

Good luck to you hope you can figure it out. If all else fails, factory data reset then if it still happens get another phone.

OP
kijutsu

kijutsu

Reaction score
First thing that comes to mind is that you may have a task killer or antivirus. If you do please get rid of those.

My second thought is you have an app that isn't playing well with this O's. Hard to say what that may be. Sometimes the "helpful" people at Verizon install things we don't really need. Now you're going to find a lot of blur and other bloatware but that shouldn't make it restart.

Good luck to you hope you can figure it out. If all else fails, factory data reset then if it still happens get another phone.

No antivirus -- the only task killer is the 'Verizon' provided crap that I've not bothered to open. Unfortunately I can't delete it short of rooting. And I've not yet researched rooting this thing yet.

I did use launcher pro to hide a lot of the useless crap that Verizon installs on this thing. (VZ nav, Blockbuster, task killer, etc.)

louy99

Reaction score
You should still be able to uninstall the task killer

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

MikePDaTruth

Reaction score
Don't have the Task Killer app on my R2D2...maybe that's just on the D2 Global.

Anyway, the above posters are correct...task killers are evil and you should uninstall that first.

I noticed random reboots on my R2D2 when I was using GO Launcher EX (which features a built-in task killer). My phone would randomly reboot one or two times per day. Since I've uninstalled, no more issues with that.

VerD2G

Reaction score
Don't mind me, I'm just piggybacking on the thread here. On my first post, too! :D

Anyways, I've been having this issue since January when I got my D2G. After a week or two, my phone would freeze and then soft reboot (ie DROID loading screen). Did that for about a week, once a day, and then it stopped for about a week. Then it did it once a day for a few days, then became sparse. It does it maybe once every two or three days on average, sometimes a couple days in a row.

It's not a major thing, but annoying for sure. My only concern is if I received a bad phone.

I did install Advanced Task Killer back in January, not long after getting the phone I think, so upon reading this I uninstalled ATK and am hoping that fixes it. I do not run any antivirus apps, either, as I did read they were a no-no (and silly, in my opinion, on a phone).

Anything else to check for in general? I haven't had time to take it back to the store else I would have just had them give me a new one hah.

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
My R2D2 Droid has been randomly rebooting. I watched a video stored on SD card and had to leave my phone after the video ended. when the screen timed out and the phone was just sitting I heard my R2 beeps and sure enough the phone rebooted itself. I guess i got to call Verizon on this..

VerD2G

Reaction score
Well dunno if that did the trick for me or not.
Hasn't rebootoed until today but I was doing a bunch of stuff and may have overloaded my phone lol
We will see

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

kaychen

Reaction score
Same reboot as you, drove me crazy!

VerD2G

Reaction score
Yeah... still rebooting.
Man this sucks :/

Oh well once I'm on the mandatory lay off from work (tax season over) I'll have a chance to take it in. PITA lol

BossGuerrero4

Reaction score
So my Droid2G randomly freezes, the screen turns black, then wont turn on for a while.

Im not sure if its just rebooting or not.

Today this happened and didnt turn on for about 4 hours. Once it finaly turned back on, the second i saw my lock screen it froze up again.

Im trying really hard not to just chuck my phone across the room..

How long does a normal reboot last for?

VerD2G

Reaction score
Hmmm that's not a reboot as far as I know. Sounds more like a freezing issue to me. When mine reboots, it flashes the DROID screen and then the red eye and stuff

DC 1127

Reaction score
Sometimes when i lock my screen, ill remember something and try to cut the screen back on after a second or two and it doesnt work. Ive had this last for 5 minutes or so at the most and it is annoying but for hours?!? I dont see how you didnt throw it up and hit it with a bat.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Reaction score
My D2 has rebooted 15 times today. Three in a row in the past fifteen minutes. I am literally pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to fix it. I had an original D2 from the day they came out and never had this issue, then just recently bought this one and BAM! The only fix anyone has provided is a rom and root, and I have no idea how to do that crap so I'm essentially screwed.