New Dock Update

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by SSHGuru, Jan 2, 2010.

1. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Yes,

To clarify I am talking about the download of the new 2.1 Dock Software - no need to Root. I downloaded it and the new look when you put the Droid in the Dock is WAY better.

My point was that in the NEW software (not new Dock) after 5 minutes it changes to a green small clock that shifts position every 5 minutes. If you don't like it you tap the screen and it keep the better one on after that all night.

My theory was as has been discussed Screen Burn In. I do have 4 LCD monitors at home, 1 of which has the same things on it every day and has for year and I did get some "Screen Persistence" However as that article says if you turn it off it will go away (which I found out after my power adapter burned out and didn't use it for a month).

All in all I guess it doesnt matter since you are sleeping anyway whether it's the green one or the fancy cool looking one. Keep reading the thread if you want to download it someone posted a link. It's way better than the original.

2. moosc

moosc Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    have no clue what your talking about I have no problem with my dock

3. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +292
    I don't think the original multimedia dock with that horrible blue background was going to be a screen burn issue. I like the new one that came out, but don't like how it automatically switches to the green and moves around on its own. I like the way it looks when you first place it in the dock and then hit the dimmer...it's perfect. I still wish they'd figure out how to disable the bright lights at the bottom though.

4. moosc

moosc Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    the four soft keys staying on is a bug I found out if I power my droid of the lights stay of I don't use the stock beside app I bought the bedside app I like that one better is there a picture of new dock and what does the dock have to do with it it in the phone

5. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ha ha lol, when I first saw it go into this mode I was confused I thought my eyes were deceiving me. I still am not sure why thy chose green. But atleast its a lot dimmer than the regular dock screen. Just to clarify this is for the 2.1 dock.

6. marcfogel

marcfogel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is this software based (2.1) or is there a new physical (hardware) dock?

7. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Its software based sshguru is talking about the 2.1 dock which is available both in the 2.1 rom and as an app for 2.0.1.

sshguru I think you need to clarify your original post so none of the newer members don't get confused.

8. entr0py

entr0py New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone have a screen shot of the new dock update?

9. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Its software based sshguru is talking about the 2.1 dock which is available both in the 2.1 rom and as an app for 2.0.1.

sshguru I think you need to clarify your original post so none of the newer members get confused.

10. entr0py

entr0py New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So there is a new multimedia dock in 2.1 that runs on 2.01? Anyone have a link? I did a quick search but did not find anything.

11. Bimmerjo

Bimmerjo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure what you guys are talking about with screen burn-in... the droids display is LCD and does not suffer from such characteristics.

12. marcfogel

marcfogel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool. So I don't need to exchange the dock I just purchased yesterday. What is the name of the app?

Thanks
    Marc