NEW DOCK - MIKRADLE Adds Felt to Classic Black Series!

Discussion in 'MIKRADLE' started by cuskit, Apr 17, 2010.

1. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've made another change to the MIKRADLE lineup. Derived from a combination of emailed user tips, suggestions on our FaceBook Challenge Page as well as my own observations - all Classic Black MIKRADLES are now shipping with a Black Felt Backing. This Felt covers the magnet as well as our speaker hole. Neither are affected adversely with this Felt Backing; as the magnet readily works through the Black Felt, and sound also travels through, similar to the material used for speaker grill cloth.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Though not requested on the wood toned colors (Oak, Cherry, Walnut and Mahogany), the Black Series was chosen for this addition for a couple of reasons. First - it was an aesthetic improvement, a pleasing and "cleaned up" look for this most popular color in our Classic Lineup. Second - it was the only color sold that had buyers suggesting this addition. We listened - and as we always take to heart suggestions from our faithful following, and so this change has been added as a continuing evolution to the improvements of our lineup. It seems those selecting the wood toned colors would rather see as much of the wood grained color as possible, which the Black Felt would have masked. Of course, many have not yet been made aware of this addition, so it's very possible those may/may not have this feature added to future wood toned models.

I've already sent out over forty Black MIKRADLES with this addition, and have already began to get positive feedback from many buyers who have responded with their compliments. I also look forward to those observing here in this thread as to your reaction. As always - all suggestions or "wish list" features are welcomed and taken under serious consideration!

As usual, for any droidforums.net registered members wishing to purchase this model (or any other color), all you need to do is make a PayPal Payment of $36.99* to my PayPal account name: lubrich@optonline.net and be sure to add your address as well as your choice of color. As now usual, shipping is FREE!

*This price does NOT include the 6' MicroUSB Cable. If you desire the cable also, the price (here to registered members) is an additional $4.00.

I'm excited about this change and appreciate all those whom have responded likewise! :) mike

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  2. Sparty83

Sparty83 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The addition of the black felt looks good. I just got the walnut one today and I would have to agree, don't put anything over it. Having done woodworking for several years now the last thing you want to do is mask the true grain and color of the wood, so my vote would be for no felt on the wood tone ones. Great product though. Can't wait to get it set up where all can see. :motdroidhoriz:

3. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sparty83, thanks for the compliment! Especially more so coming from a fellow woodworker! I appreciate your input and hope you enjoy your new MIKRADLE! :) mikey

4. RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Cousin Mikey!

THIS looks badass now!!! Good job...is this the "stealth series" we talked about?

=)

Tigger

5. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cousin Tigger,

It IS BADASS! But it is not the Stealth Series. That had been (once again) placed on the side due to health problems with my Dad. But I'm almost back on track now - you will be one of the first to see it when (if) it gets released! ;)

The black felt is just a "refinement" to the normal Classic Series. It seems a general consensus from those who have received them so far that beyond just the utilitarian improvement (scratch protection) it adds a lot of aesthetic appeal to this particular model. Glad you approve also! Thanks - cousin mikey :)

6. xliderider

xliderider Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    For those of us that already have black MIKRADLES, would we be able to get the pre-cut felt backing and glue it on ourselves? ;)

I'm getting a carbon case in a few days, hopefully, and the felt would be a great addition to keep that carbon fiber case's finish nice and shiny. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2010
  7. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dock Black Felt Padding for MIKRADLE - Buy Here

I would doubt you will scratch the CF with the MIKRADLE! That epoxy they are using should be pretty hard stuff!

That being said - I am offering anyone who wishes the Felt Backing Pads for sale, they are $4.99 each with free shipping. They are pre-cut to exact size for all MIKRADLES, and are easily attached since they are "peel & stick". Should any wish to order some - just send a PayPal payment of $4.99 per pad to my account name lubrich@optonline.net and be sure to include a preferred shipping address. Any questions can be directed to my email address at mikey06@optonline.net

At this time - I only offer the Felt Backing Pads in black color (as shown in the photos of this thread. These are an industrial quality felt padding, and of rigid design (not a flexible fabric) and are designed to protect both your phone as well as the back of your MIKRADLE.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
Search tags for this page

phone case @netzero.net

speaker felt material