New Dock - Evolution Series For INCREDIBLE

Discussion in 'MIKRADLE' started by cuskit, Apr 27, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    MIKRADLE would like to formally announce a new Series of MIKRADLE to accompany their existing Classic Series. Appropriately named the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series, it will be available in all the same colors as the original Classic Series, with the new addition of Solid White.

Initially planned for the Incredible, the EVOLUTION Series will be designed to accommodate most smartphones rather than just a specific model such as the Incredible. Similar in appearance to our Classic Series, it is modified slightly to encompass different charging port locations, as well as the sides of the MIKRADLE being more flush with the backrest to facilitate a more varied selection of audio cable ports. This is similar to the "clip" version I posted about a few weeks ago.

It will also exclude the use of a magnet as the Incredible does not appear to have the magnetically induced Multimedia mode that the Moto Droid enjoys (I'll reserve this statement to possible change as I have not yet been able to verify this fact). No speaker hole is necessary either, as the Incredible has a recessed area where the speaker is located which allows for plenty of volume (booming according to phoneArena.com)!

Additionally, it will also include a Black Felt Backing (as introduced to our Black Classic Series two weeks ago) on all models, whereas the Classic Series only includes it on the Black model (though I have been supplying Black Felt to owners of the wood toned models as per individual requests).

The price for Registered Forum Members (discounted) is $37.99 (no magnet), or $39.99 (for all Motorola Droids with a magnet), plus add $4.00 if you need the extra long 6' MicroUSB cable) and as usual, Free Shipping! Orders are being taken by simply sending a PayPal payment to lubrich@optonline.net in the appropriate amount along with an address and note stipulating the EVOLUTION Series with desired color (black, white, walnut, mahogany, oak or cherry). Questions can be sent by email to mikey06@optonline.net, or simply posted here in this thread.

For now, that's all the information available, but I'll have more over the weekend as well as photos by Monday or Tuesday next week. The official planned release of the EVOLUTION Series is Friday, April 30th, with all orders shipping out beginning a week later on Friday, May 7th.

So, there you have it - the introduction of the upcoming MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series, a subtle but distinguished change from our original Classic Series (which will still be offered for all owners of the original Motorola Droid and Milestone). Stay tuned! :) mikey
  2. spoooon

spoooon Active Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Any thoughts on a "contemporary" looking MIKRADLE?
  3. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    spoooon, wait for the photos and tell me what you think. ;) mikey
  4. theecigarman

theecigarman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: New Dock - Evolution Series For INCREDIBLE As Well As Most Smartphones

Mike, to bad I won't be getting the incredible. I can't wait to see how the evolution turns out!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You won't have too long - Pix hopefully by Monday.

Also - I am very pleased to announce that Wuyanks from DroidBlog.net (also a DF News Team Member here) will be doing a review of the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series in the coming weeks! I'm looking forward to that, it's always a pleasure when the staff here takes interest in SV products!

So - how many Incredibles are being purchased today? :) mikey
  6. merc98

merc98 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I picked mine up at 0800 this morning. So far... It IS Incredible.:icon_ banana:
  7. merc98

merc98 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will say I cant figure out how to edit a number from the favorites screen, so if anyone knows.... Thanks.
  8. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow! This Incredible is getting as much attention as the original droid! My eyes are getting bleary reading all the posts on it. Most seem very positive with none that I've read stating regrets buying. Many still on the fence whether to take the plunge (yours truly included). Very exciting times, to say the least! :) mikey
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know that dude. I hooked him up with the DarkEdge theme.

-Mike
  10. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looking forward to receiving mine Mikey :)
  11. Veccster

Veccster New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anxious to see some pictures of your product. Sounds good so far but I need to see it in action.

Thanks.
  12. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll be posting photos tomorrow evening, with shipping beginning Friday. I sharpened up the sides a bit, less Classic look and a bit more contemporary. It will still be easily identified as a MIKRADLE, the overall look remains - just a subtle departure from that of the original release. The main thing was the USB port being relocated. Wish these companies would get uniform with their specs on port locations! :)

I'm "this" close to buying the Incredible for myself! Just hanging in there, it appears the general consensus is that the Moto Droid wins for a better screen. I've only seen a dummy (for sizing purposes), but will be seeing the real deal sometime this afternoon. Stay tuned.. :) mikey
  13. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update:

My new series, the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series is designed not only for the HTC Incredible but also to accommodate just about every Smartphone on the market. It takes into consideration the locations of exit ports for the MicroUSB (or mini, USB A or any other configuration) ports as well as audio cables, and has virtually no restrictions on any of these. Coping with all these differing locations (each manufacturer and model seems to have it's own unique location) has been to date a difficult task, but my new design addresses this well. It will also accommodate most (if not all) covers currently available (I cannot speak for whatever new covers may enter the marketplace) without removal of same.

HTC also threw in one more curve - they elected to utilize a "protruding" camera lens, which the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series has also addressed in a manner that keeps the phone from rocking on it. I've incorporated a solution that imparts a contemporary look while solving the "rocking" issue of this protruding lens. It will not appear to be a proprietary feature for just the Incredible.

Incidentally, the MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series will allow for most phones to be placed in either a horizontal or vertical position with all cables attached - your choice! :)

So, there you have it. The new MIKRADLE EVOLUTION Series!

You can see photos of this new model beginning late Thursday here. I had hoped to post this evening, but was held up by a delivery of key components needed for the photos. I've received a confirmation notice of delivery for Thursday, so at that time I'll take pictures and post. Shipping is still on track beginning the end of this week (for all orders as of yesterday). Any new orders coming will not ship until Monday, May 10th. The photos I will be posting will only be the black models - wood colors and white will not be ready for camera until Sunday. New buyers are receiving confirmation e-mails with shipping dates. Thanks all - see you tomorrow! :) mikey
  14. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sounds great, cuskit, can't wait to see it in action!
  15. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds awesome Mikey! Looking forward to seeing the pics tomorrow.