New DINC2 on the way for me. have a couple questions

Madmikeee

Reaction score
I am getting an Incredible 2 through work, I regularly go into an industrial plant so I need a good case/pouch with belt clip that will protect the phone in case of a random "bump" on equipment. Also I am wondering, I have programs that send data to my e-mail including temperature warnings etc when say the A/C goes out in my server room. Is there a way to have a different sound alert when one of those e-mails comes in? IE normally you get a "ding" but when you get an e-mail from the warning software is instead screams "DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!" kinda like when you set different ring tones depending on who's calling

Thanks for any and all advise!dancedroid

nikecar

Reaction score
I am getting an Incredible 2 through work, I regularly go into an industrial plant so I need a good case/pouch with belt clip that will protect the phone in case of a random "bump" on equipment. Also I am wondering, I have programs that send data to my e-mail including temperature warnings etc when say the A/C goes out in my server room. Is there a way to have a different sound alert when one of those e-mails comes in? IE normally you get a "ding" but when you get an e-mail from the warning software is instead screams "DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!" kinda like when you set different ring tones depending on who's calling

Thanks for any and all advise!dancedroid

You can get the Active case from Seidio. Link below. They have the case and the holster.
seidioonline.com

Also, for some more rugged protection, you can get the Otterbox Defender series.
Incredible 2 Cases, Incredible 2 Defender Series // OtterBox.com

As for alarms, I haven't seen a seperate notification for various emails in the same account.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the notification settings in each app (messages, emails, etc) you can customize which sound you want for notifications in each app, including the default system notification sound. You can also put whatever sound file you want to on your sd card and use that for a notification sound.

nikecar

Reaction score
In the notification settings in each app (messages, emails, etc) you can customize which sound you want for notifications in each app, including the default system notification sound. You can also put whatever sound file you want to on your sd card and use that for a notification sound.
But I think he means that from his overall email, he wants different alerts to different emails.

So in his main account ([email protected]), he gets 5 emails. 3 of them are for emergency power outages. He wants a sound saying "Alert Alert" on those 3, yet the normal emails, stay the same.

That is how I read the email. I don't think he can do that, unless he has those emails forwarded to another account, and then he uses a different notification for that account on the phone.

So from his 5 emails, those 3 emails would get forwarded to [email protected] and then he'd add that account on his phone and assign a seperate ring for those.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
oh my bad, you're right - I read that wrong the first time! Yeah what you said is the only way I would think that would be possible as well. I wonder if some app like K9 or something has a feature like that built into it?

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
If using gmail, there is an awesome app in the market "gmail label Notifier ". It enables you to set different sounds&vibration functions for each label. You would just need to make labels for each scenario via Google ...

Gmail can catch pop3 emails also if I remember correctly, so you could forward those email str8t to the "oh my boss is getting sweaty" label or the "Alice is wearing a skimpy skirt" label..

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...