NEW Data Transfer Tool From Google Arrives In The Play Store, Possibly Pixel 2 System App

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus2cee_image-1-2-png.77848

We expect to see the official announcement of the Pixel 2 sometime next month. It looks like Google is already preparing for the launch of this device. They just uploaded a new "Data Transfer Toll" app to the Play Store. This seems to be a system app for the Pixel 2. There is currently a migration tool built into Android which allows you to transfer some data and apps from an older Android device to a newer Android device.

This new app will more than likely be an improved version which also has support for transferring apps and data from an iPhone. Their is one screenshot listed which appears to show data being transferred from an iPhone to a Pixel 2 XL. The screenshot showcasing the Pixel has already been removed from the listing and has been replaced with an image showing a Nexus 6P. This app should be preinstalled on the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL.

Attachments

• nexus2cee_image-1-2.png
    nexus2cee_image-1-2.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 2,448

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Now you know better than some carrier backup transfer tool

Sent using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sounds like a good idea, might make setting up a new phone a little easier. I wonder if this is another patent they aquired from Moto? Moto used to have a nice data transfer app back around the Moto X timeframe. When it worked, it worked very well and copied all files, videos, music, pics from one phone to another.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Sounds like a good idea, might make setting up a new phone a little easier. I wonder if this is another patent they aquired from Moto? Moto used to have a nice data transfer app back around the Moto X timeframe. When it worked, it worked very well and copied all files, videos, music, pics from one phone to another.

moto beginning to sound a lot like apple :p everybody copies them.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
thats what I said :p
I see what you mean now; I misread your post originally. My bad. I dont think it's so much anyone copying Moto; I think this may just be more of the tech that Google aquired when they bought Moto for their patents. It may not be, but it's possible.

One of the things I here often from friends & family that are not real tech savvy is how much of a pain it is to setup a new phone and copy all of their files, music, pics, etc over to the new phone. If this new app works well that would be awesome to help make this process smoother.