New D2G soak test

jojoferari

Reaction score
55% did you sign up? If so it should be sent automatically OTA as long as you are stock.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

maxwellag

Reaction score
55% did you sign up? If so it should be sent automatically OTA as long as you are stock.

Ya im signed up. I had to provide the model number and meid number. Was that the right thing? I think I signed up for the Motorola feed back network. I guess the email I got could've been from the sign up confirmation... it showed the title in my notification bar, and then I got a ton of new notifications, so I cleared them, and then I went to read the email, and it was gone. My phone isn't downloading anything right now...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Hit check for updates. Might be able to pull it from servers. I'm going to wait until morning to check, so that's about it for me tonight.

maxwellag

Reaction score
Hit check for updates. Might be able to pull it from servers. I'm going to wait until morning to check, so that's about it for me tonight.
Still no update for me... :( if they chose you can you download the soak test any time you want after they start it, or does it just download automatically?

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Guys...Check if you have a file coincidentally named update.zip on your sd if you haven't gotten the update. I have a hunch that might be blocking it. If I'm wrong, no damage done.

jojoferari

Reaction score
I had one and still got the update. It was in a subfolder though...

maxwellag

Reaction score
Guys...Check if you have a file coincidentally named update.zip on your sd if you haven't gotten the update. I have a hunch that might be blocking it. If I'm wrong, no damage done.

I don't have a file like that. Interesting...

maxwellag

Reaction score
I don't have a file like that. Interesting...

Would I be able to see it on just my phone in the files? Would it be in a sub folder? Or can I only see the folder only computer?

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Would be on the root of sd card, so it would show up in any file manager, under the normal sd card directory.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Did you by any chance bootstrap? Might want to sbf, but instead of wiping data, only wipe cache. If you haven't, reboot to recovery (hold x and power recovery), and then wipe cache. Then reboot and let the update run.

czervick212

Reaction score
Never bootstrapped. I rooted with z4root but i unrooted before i downloaded the update. ill play around with some other ideas though. Would having the root apps still installed cause an issue?

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
So is it 4.5.607 or did they bump it another time?

I'm running rooted 4.5.607 since yesterday evening…

Byakushiki

Reaction score
So is it 4.5.607 or did they bump it another time?

I'm running rooted 4.5.607 since yesterday evening…
It's 4.5.607. Just checked the number, I'll also copy the update file quickly before applying it. That is, if I can find it.