New D2G ROMers Read This First!

miketoasty

Reaction score
Okay so after skimming the boards this morning I came to a conclusion that this needs to be posted somewhere! The D2G cannot run any ROM right now except for: Fission 2.4.3 Droid 2 Global Edition. Do not try to flash any other ROM then come to here and ask why your phone is not working.

The Droid 2 and Droid 2 Global are two completely different phones and ROM's cannot be interchanged between the two. If any new ROMs come out for the D2G I will edit this post but for right now D2G users you are stuck with:

Fission:
[ROM]Fission 2.4.3 Droid2Global-Vanilla Generic Android-AOSP Like-Fission ROM Manager - xda-developers

D2G_ROMER GET~R~DONE:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...resent-beta-release-d2g_romer-get-r-done.html

Last edited:

473x15

Reaction score
Okay so after skimming the boards this morning I came to a conclusion that this needs to be posted somewhere! The D2G cannot run any ROM right now except for: Fission 2.4.3 Droid 2 Global Edition. Do not try to flash any other ROM then come to here and ask why your phone is not working.

The Droid 2 and Droid 2 Global are two completely different phones and ROM's cannot be interchanged between the two. If any new ROMs come out for the D2G I will edit this post but for right now D2G users you are stuck with:

[ROM]Fission 2.4.3 Droid2Global-Vanilla Generic Android-AOSP Like-Fission ROM Manager - xda-developers

Well it looks that you are about to edit this whole thing lmaooo cause squidly is jumping this stage hahaha and it will be released this afternoon and no jokes is officially from wozzy.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL ( THE GAME OF LIFE )

OP
M

miketoasty

Reaction score

Well it looks that you are about to edit this whole thing lmaooo cause squidly is jumping this stage hahaha and it will be released this afternoon and no jokes is officially from wozzy.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL ( THE GAME OF LIFE )

All I have to edit is the URL's to the new ROM's. Not that big of a deal and should help out a good bit of the D2G community find all their new ROM's in one place.

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
Thanks Miketoasty, we do need a thread about this issue, too many D2G users are simply flashing D2 ROMS (or trying the D2 SBF for that matter) and then wondering why their phones are broken.

This info is buried deep in a bunch of different threads but having it up front would be nice...

Heck, when I bought the D2G, I went to the store planning on getting a D2, but saw the Global was faster and just assumed that the D2 based stuff would work on it...Whoops. Now here I am a few months later, and still the only full rom option is fission, even after the SBF has been out for awhile.:frown: