Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
I am noticing horrible battery life. I unplug my phone at 5:30am and by 5pm its at about 10% or lower (with moderate use). Are there many tips for saving battery life with this Rom ?

bullswife98

Reaction score
I am noticing horrible battery life. I unplug my phone at 5:30am and by 5pm its at about 10% or lower (with moderate use). Are there many tips for saving battery life with this Rom ?

What kernal are you using? I use Chevy kernal 0.8 ulv. I get about a full days worth with heavy use. Also use power save and I turn off data when I don't need it. They're are settings you have in battery menu.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Last edited:

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09

What kernal are you using? I use Chevy kernal 0.8 ulv. I get about a full days worth with heavy use. Also use power save and I turn off data when I don't need it. They're are settings you have in battery menu.

I'm using Slayher's 1200mhz kernel. I always kept wifi and gps off unless i'm home.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
slayhers kernels have always given me high performance at the cost of poor battery life.

I personally like RZR kernels now.

duckwizzle

Reaction score
Can you guys please link to the kernels you are using? I've tried to google them but there are a bunch and I don't wanna do trial and error flashing kernal after kernel trying to find one that won't bootloop my phone

cowsquad

Reaction score
Dont you have rom manager, they are right there have
Can you guys please link to the kernels you are using? I've tried to google them but there are a bunch and I don't wanna do trial and error flashing kernal after kernel trying to find one that won't bootloop my phone

OP
tp4bama

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Heads up guys, there might not be a release this week because Markhuk hasn't released a 2.2 tranlsated apk pack. If he does release one, which i doubt he does since all the phones he has are 2.3, Ill release one.

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09

All credit for these Kernels goes to ChevyNo1
Index of /kernels-032411

Heads up guys, there might not be a release this week because Markhuk hasn't released a 2.2 tranlsated apk pack. If he does release one, which i doubt he does since all the phones he has are 2.3, Ill release one.

Sweet! Thanks for the update Bama!

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
Does that mean we are getting close to a 2.3 based version?

Bukada

Reaction score
Love it!

Sorry Gingy..
But this is by far the best rom I have used.. and extremely stable!
I will have to hold off on GB based ROMS... THIS is a keeper version!
GO MIUI!!!! GREAT WORK DEVS!!! :icon_ banana: