New Compcache/GB Kernels - 2/11/11

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Feb 11, 2011.

1. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Hmmm - not sure to be honest - only thing I can suggest is to drop the kernel speed (not just in SetCPU, but the actual KERNEL to say 1.1, or change the series from MV to LV) - each phone also handles kernels differently ...

2. dwoid

dwoid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Chevy,

Thanks, I appreciate your thoughts there. As a developer I can imagine the jungle you must be working through even when just working with Droid1 kernels... So many variations in setup and even in builds.

I'll experiment around a bit. 1.25GHz is fairly high speed for these processors, I'll try some of your lower speed kernels. Low voltage never ran too successfully on this particular Droid, so I've usually gone with medium voltage for stability. But I'll try low voltage again too.

It's been nice running the same stuff on both Droid1s since it greatly simplifies management and really is nice when testing stuff. I'll probably still try to keep the same kernels running on both machines, whatever I end up with.

Btw, I'm surprised at the battery life improvement. I'm thinking it's the lower 125MHz speed; are you aware of other changes that might have improved battery life?

BTW, speaking of battery life -- my sons and wife just got G2s... Their batteries last for about 36 hours with moderate use. Pretty good.

Thanks again Chevy!!!

3. dwoid

dwoid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Chevy,

I'm trying the 7-slot 1.25GHz low voltage kernel...

Interesting difference, the slots for the 7-slot 1.25 medium voltage kernel are
    125MHz, 250MHz, 500MHz, 800MHz, 1GHz, 1.1GHz and 1.25GHz

while the slots for the 7-slot 1.25 low voltage kernel are
    1.25MHz, 250MHz, 500MHz, 700MHz, 800MHz, 1.1GHz and 1.25GHz

Not that I know of any specific problem with this, but what was the purpose for this difference?

#291 dwoid, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  4. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Good catch - that was not intentional!

5. dwoid

dwoid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :)

I was actually guessing it might be an additional effort to "lean" the kernel toward lower CPU usage, and thus lower power consumption...

Search tags for this page

ext3.ko 2.3.7 android 2.6.32.9

wpa supplicant:ongoing scan action