New bug with MetaMorph?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by carlz28, May 28, 2010.

1. carlz28

carlz28 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I did all the obvious...checked permissions...allowed SU...made sure the .apk's I was editing were in the proper place on the phone. Even rechecked the .xml files to make sure they were still the same (which obviously were since I hadn't touched them in over 2 weeks)

When I select a file.xml to morph, it now says the theme control file is missing and to contact the theme creator.

I just used these EXACT files 4-5 days ago and everything applied properly..ever the framework changes.

Haven't made ANY changes to the files being use, including the .zips I originally made and those of others from this site.

And what it is doing now is creating a new folder in the list titled 'whatever_I_just_extracted.xml'
    How is it creating a folder with an .xml extension?

Anyone else run into similar issues?

Haven't changed/updated my ROM/kernel etc in weeks either so I know it's not that, nor did I download any apps since the last time I used MM.
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Did you try uninstalling/reinstalling Metamorph?
  3. carlz28

Yes. Twice actually.
    Tried running it from /data/app and /system/app
    Both ways (though it shouldn't matter) resulted in the same thing.
  4. UltraDroid

UltraDroid DF Super Moderator Staff Member

I am, and I'm just about ready to give up on MM entirely. The developer, in an effort to streamline things, has created a needlessly complicated *mess* that more times than not ends in frustration.:wacko:

-Mike
  5. oMenaceTigero

oMenaceTigero New Member

Make sure the .zip file has the same name as your .xml file.
  6. elektronikbadger

elektronikbadger New Member

I'm having a different issue that just started today... the themes will not apply (asks to reboot but doesn't reboot and asks again... and again... and again). This theme worked yesterday (all permissions are there).

I'm almost ready to go with the OP... I really like how easy MM is, but when it doesn't work, it really doesn't work.

I'm on version 1.9.8.5

Stock rooted 2.1 (Pete's ESE81)
  7. bolden88

bolden88 New Member

I have been having the same problem...Xml not found. I thought I was messing something up. I have used this in the past. I am trying to put the round battery theme on. Hope we find a solution soon. Doesn't work with any other themes either.
  8. AmericanNomads

AmericanNomads New Member

I got the same issue. I ended up being able to use the themed pulldown notification I wanted to but by pure repetition. I dont know, what gives
  9. elektronikbadger

I found a way to make it work... backed up system only from a nandroid from a week ago... I think the problem is with permissions but I don't know for sure. After the restore MM asked for permissions again...

Sucks that you have to do a restore to keep some things going tho...
  10. SupAll

SupAll New Member

Is it possible that the xml files just need to be recreated? Also, I have heard that the extract zip option in MM is bugged and that you should extract manually or with another app like Astro.
  11. carlz28

I think I kinda have a quick-fix for this. It may all depend on how the zip is being structured.
    For example, I name the .zip to Maps.zip
    Inside the .zip is a folder called 'Maps', and inside of that is another folder called 'Maps'. Inside that second tier folder is the res folder, with drawable-240dpi folder inside that one.
    It gets a little complicated, but basically all I did was go into /Androidthemes and found whatever folders were in there that had been extracted and copied the folder, then pasted the same folder inside itself.

You end up with duplicate files within the folders, but until this is fixed or a 're-education lesson' is had, this will work.

In a nutshell, it has to do with folder structure when zipping up the files. Apparently it was something changed with the last update that caused the app to look for the file in a different level of folder than what was originally used.
  12. welterbf123

welterbf123 New Member

Try reinstalling Superuser from Rom Manager 'Extras' or XDA's website. It's a new version and there have been some issues the old version as it pertains to some of the new ROMs.
    Last edited: May 30, 2010
  13. elektronikbadger

I found the problem last night... I was using MM to install a theme, and then using a .zip to change the lock screen clock font (clocktopia). Every time I did that, I "lost root access" but still had SU icon. Strange...