NEW Bounty For Verizon HTC One Bootloader Unlock Has Been Started!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC-One.jpg

When I complain about owning a phone with a locked bootloader I get lots of smart remarks about "why did you buy a device with a locked bootloader?" and "It's your own fault for buying a locked device." The truth is if there were any other carrier besides Verizon that was worth half a crud where I live I would jump ship and only buy devices that are developer friendly, but the simple fact of the matter is that I may as well not have a phone at all if I were to go with a new carrier since coverage for AT&T, Sprint, and T-mobile is none existant in my town, and spotty at best in the main city. Many of you are in the exact same situation as me. You don't want to support a carrier that locks down all of their devices, but you can't live without a cell phone and Verizon happens to be the only decent carrier in your neighborhood so you end up buying the locked down devices.

I wish that more developers would get behind these users and help us out instead of advicoting for us to move to a new carrier since we just can't do that. There have been a few incintives lately to try and draw top developers. The HTC One has two running bounties now for an unlocked bootloader. XDA has had a bounty for the past few weeks, and today Rootzwiki started their pledge list today. The bounty at RW is now up to $150. If you wish to help in the cause head to the source link below and make your pledge.

Via Rootzwiki