New bootanimation problem

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by dennisi01, Apr 9, 2010.

1. dennisi01

dennisi01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,

For some reason i'm unable to get a custom bootanimation working.. i've renamed the file to bootanimation.zip <--exactly and placed it in the /system/media folder with no luck (using root explorer to copy/paste it there).. am I missing something?

thanks!

2. samiusmc

samiusmc Member

Ratings:
    +4
    If the bootanimation isn't loading, use the ADB shell or a "Terminal Emulator" to push it to your Droid. Here's how:

Put the bootanimation.zip file onto the root of your SD card. Once you've accessed the terminal or ADB shell, here is the code:

$su
    #cp /sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local/
    reboot

That will put the animation in the correct path. If the .zip refuses to open, it may be that you improperly compressed the .zip file. When you compress the 3 boot animation files, the compression type must be the "store" method and not the "normal" method.

3. dennisi01

dennisi01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Sami, i got the bootanimation from blackdroids repository..i did exactly that and unfortunately it didnt work :(

4. samiusmc

samiusmc Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Are you sure you're not naming the file bootanimation.zip.zip? This happens to a lot of people because they forget that Windows 7 and Vista automatically include extensions without displaying them on your desktop. If the file is named correctly, all you should see is: bootanimation on your desktop. If you see a zip, rename it without the extension.

5. dennisi01

dennisi01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks again sami but ive downloaded these files directly with my droid and moved/renamed them with root manager..could that be the problem?

6. samiusmc

samiusmc Member

Ratings:
    +4
    that is the problem. the os will malfunction if individual files are removed or replaced using root manager. the only recommended way to change the boot animation is the method I stated above. download "Terminal Emulator ". !It's free in the market. follow my instructions listed above and it will work. trust me.

7. samiusmc

samiusmc Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I just realized your problem. You can use root explorer to install the bootanimation. However, the path you are using is incorrect. Here is the correct path: data/local. I believe you were using system/media. Use data/local and it will work.

8. dennisi01

dennisi01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I exactly followed the instructions above.. i did:
    su
    cp /sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local/
    reboot

I rebooted, and after the "M" logo, screen just went black, then my home screen came up...I dont understand what the heck I am doing wrong.. this is pretty frustrating!!!

9. dennisi01

dennisi01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Now, I also used adb.. did not work.. did adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local - it successfully transfered, but when i rebooted it was just a blank screen after the "M".. when I delete the bootanimation.zip from /data/local, I get the eye animation back... anyone have any idea? I know this is trivial, but it is under my skin in a major way..

10. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +34
    I didn't see this addressed anywhere, but no one seemed to mention permissions. I'm assuming that they have to be set as everything else needs to have them set.

Just a thought.

11. JayCizzo

JayCizzo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm new to boot animations so forgive my ignorance but the one I did a few days ago was placed in to /system/media and it works fine. Is placing it in the /system/local folder something specific to BlackDroid's ROM?

12. stevonyc35

stevonyc35 Member

Ratings:
    +0

if you got this from BD's repository then try update.zip method.
    i was having problems pushing the bootanimation.zip i dl from the repository and installed it via update and it worked.

Search tags for this page

bootanimation s4 path

new bootanimation dont work