New Blur on Droid X?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dooge, Aug 2, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. dooge

dooge New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Please let me know if this has been addressed and kindly point me in the right direction.

The new version of Motorola's blur has been added to the recent DX2 update as well as the Droid 3. It looks awesome.

Q: Is there any way to get that exact blur version onto the DX? I'm new to this stuff :)

FYI: I'm rooted on stock Froyo.
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Twitter:
    JSM9873
    Well I know after the last time I had to SBF back to completely stock, before I rooted I checked for updates and the OTA for the new blur was available. Did you do anything else to the phone after you rooted? I am not sure if it will work when you are rooted since I never tried, but check for updates.

I am not 100% on the path since I cant verify it but try:
    Go into settings > about phone > system updates or updates > and then check for updates. See what happens you never know it may be available.

And as an important side not I believe that the latest OTA still has not obtained root. So if you ever want to root your phone again you would have to SBF back to stock.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  3. JSM9872

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Twitter:
    JSM9873
  4. dooge

dooge New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  5. dooge

dooge New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am getting the update prompt for gingerbread but what I'm actually looking for is the gingerbread update with the newest version of blur. I'm not sure if there is even a way to get it...yet.

The link you provided was good but it wasn't for the newest blur.

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my Droid X by typing letters with my fingers.
  6. JSM9872

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Twitter:
    JSM9873
    No problem.

And correct not the newest, merely the newest we could get that is rooted, just an option I figured I would bounce off of you.

So you literally meant you wanted the dx2 or the d3 version? Havent heard of us being able to get it yet but maybe eventually. If it does become a possibility ill be checking it out, it seems pretty decent actually. My friend has a d3 and honestly it runs very nicely.
  7. dooge

dooge New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, the newest DX3 version. I figured it was wishful thinking being it is so new. It does look pretty sweet though.

Thanks for the quick replies dude.

Sent from my Droid X by typing letters with my fingers.
  8. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Hmmm

I think you are talking about droid x gingerbread prerooted android 2.3.3 system version: 4.5.596mb810.verizon.en.US

for the dx only. you need to sbf back to 2.2.1 then root then run the 2 step method thats floating around and then you have the same as the OTA but rooted. I did it myseld but today I installed DarkSlideX DSX. Fastest rom I used yet on any phone.

im no expert but if you really help walking through getting sbf'd I can try to help once you do that you can always fall back to it again if you dont like it. I put DarkslideX right over the latest gb so you have both options once you are on prerooted GB same version as OTA.
  9. dooge

dooge New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for you help, but I'm actually referring to the "newest" version of blur that was released on the DX2 and the D3. Check the link in my original post.

I know how to install the pre-rooted 596 gingerbread, but that is not what I am actually trying to achieve.

I don't even know if is possible to install different versions of blur, I was simply inquiring. The new blur was just released, so if it is possible, perhaps it's simply hasn't been figured out yet.

Again, thanks for the help.