New blog

OP
M

Matth3w

Ok, I realize I am talking to myself somewhat, but I am a complete noob. I used a different template and it is set up correctly finally.

My two questions are:

1. How can I use Twitter to increase traffic interacting with the blog? I just tweet things about the droid and when people click on my twitter profile it takes me to the blog or what?

2. What are labels for and how should I set them up?

searayman

Reaction score
SO far I really liek your blog, keep up the great posts. Also maybe add a link for people to quickly add your rss feed to google reader. It took me a bit to find your feed on your website.

OP
M

Matth3w

Isn't that what the rss feed link does? Or am I mistaken?

OP
M

Matth3w

Wish I could make the font for the blog post history smaller

The Shredder

Reaction score
You can set up a twitter feed so that everything you post will be auto posted on twitter. Go here to set it up twitterfeed.com : feed your blog to twitter

Your blog already looks 10xs better. Just make sure to set up a link list so you can exchange links with other sites and blogs like me:) Make sure to get into contact with other tech blogs and sites.

labels are used so reader can find what they are looking for faster. Google will also connect to them. Your on the right trail, good luck:reddroid:

OP
M

Matth3w

Cool ill work on it tonight. What about the google reader issue mentioned above and making justthe old links smalller? Also should I put thefollower widget back and where should I put the link exhachange

OP
M

Matth3w

How is the order of the widgets on the right side? On the far right I have a link list above the archive, and then just to the left I have labels with followers under neath it....

Good?

OP
M

Matth3w

I figured out how to change the font size. I signed up for that twitterfeed but it doesn't seem to be updating yet...

OP
M

Matth3w

Anyone have any ideas of things I could add to the blog...topics, etc?

OP
M

Matth3w

Wow, I really feel like I'm talking to myself in this thread :(

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for anyone else, and I certainly can't seem to regularly update my own blog, but my guess would be that people think there's not a whole lot you can say that people aren't finding here.

If you were to take that out of the question, it would leave things wide open.
  1. Features of the phone
  2. comparisons to competition
  3. updates to come and what to look forward to
  4. apps available to the phone
  5. apps, stock vs rooted
  6. Rooting and it's advantages
  7. resources to different tools for rooted phones (ROMs etc)
  8. Hot Verizon price points
  9. Accessories and feedback

just to name a few.

:)

Jim

OP
M

Matth3w

Cool, thanks.

And I agree about the forum but you can't really "follow" the forum if that makes sense. And no offense to the forums but there is 95% BS and repeatable threads and 5% new information etc.

I'm sort of wading through the bull**** for the "consumer" so to speak.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks.

And I agree about the forum but you can't really "follow" the forum if that makes sense. And no offense to the forums but there is 95% BS and repeatable threads and 5% new information etc.

I'm sort of wading through the bull**** for the "consumer" so to speak.

I cast my vote in favor of you continuing to do so! Since joining this forum, my knowledge of the Droid has increase significantly. I have a real appreciation of the capabilities os the device. While some of the posts are a rehash it helps an old guy like me to remember.

Earlier today, while reading your blog, I learned about the new app AppAware and about PFD's.

Just build it and "they will come!"

Mike

OP
M

Matth3w

Thanks for the encouragement. To answer your question on the blog, I use bettercut to change the icons once they are on the SD card.