New Bionic member with a few questions

suprfast

Reaction score
Copied this from my obligatory new member introduction.

New to the forum but lurked here for quite some time. I rooted my Incredible(easy) and since then updated to a bionic. I had a friend help me that is super techy and I guess I should have paid a little more attention to the process.

Right now I have a Th3ory Rom (R3BLURR3D) v2.0. He also installed something called 3XP3RI3NCE. I was wondering what process I would have to do to update to a newer rom. I have read many of posts but i thought it would be better to ask before I jumped into it. Im loving everything right now except the data(sounds like everyone is having the same issue). I live in a 4G area and there are times when I just dont get it, nor do I get 3G. My wife and I can be in target standing next to each other and her iphone will get data service but mine will not. Wondering if maybe I needed to do an update to the phone since it hasnt been updated since i installed the rom(im new to all this so maybe it doesnt).

A lot of this is my fault I should have paid more attention but im ready to learn. Id like to update my phone if need be without bugging my buddy everytime something newer or cooler comes out.

PbSandman7

Reaction score
Welcome, It is all fairly simple to do. I was very new to this as well and after many many questions, I realized how easy it all is. I'd assume that what your friend added to the ROM is a "theme" 3XP3RI3NCE, which will make appearance upgrades, features..etc. The "blur" links mostly with social networking apps and data within those apps.
To flash a new rom you need to have either safestrap or bootsrap,clockwork.. somethin, which is similar to a computers "safe mode". Do you have any idea what he installed? You should have the app within your app drawer.