new bionic ics update 6.7.230

jayman350

Reaction score
I agree for what my opinion is worth. One thing that happened on mine is I was able to uninstall some of the bloatware...but not all. For example I went in to 'disable' Zumocast and hit uninstall and it is now gone. That happened with several bloatware apps. No, they are not hiding at the bottom of the list, they are gone.

I'm pretty sure that Zumocast gets loaded on with either 902 or 905 (probably both), but it is absent in ICS. I had removed it using TiBu before flashing ICS, and it was not loaded onto my phone once I was running 229. I think they moved some of the older bloat to the /data directory so it can actually be uninstalled.

Zumocast has been replaced with Motocast, but it wasn't bundled with the other additional apps from VZW. Zumocast would constantly be indexing files on my pc and eating up A LOT of resources, Motocast has been 100x better to use from my PC side of things.

Tonik

Reaction score
Can everyone post if they did a complete wipe when posting how 230 is faring?

I did a complete wipe back to 902, did not bother trying to save the SD card. Backed my apps up with TI. So far it is working 100 percent for me but it has only been a few hours.

deduct

Reaction score
I used timmy's method and saved all data. I just wish there were a way to map those shortcuts in lock screen. Other than that i am happy with 230. So far everything has been great, in all of these ics builds. Cannot wait to see what devs do with eclipse on ics.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Last edited:

rjd

Reaction score
Flashed 290 over my stock 905 that ive been running for about 3 days. Installed no problem and booted up fine.

Tried doing factory wipe so I would be on a fresh clean ics build, now i get stuck at the boot logo

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Flashed 290 over my stock 905 that ive been running for about 3 days. Installed no problem and booted up fine.

Tried doing factory wipe so I would be on a fresh clean ics build, now i get stuck at the boot logo

Use the full 902 FXZ with RSD Lite to recover. Since you're doing a factory wipe anyway it shouldn't matter. It will likely erase your internal sdcard though.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Well I can confirm Emergency Alerts app works fine on 230. First time I've seen it in use. The siren sounds scared the crap out of me and the people in my office.

View attachment 52229
We had a missing persons and really bad weather here and nothing went off. Did you have to update settings some where?

wseyller

Reaction score
We had a missing persons and really bad weather here and nothing went off. Did you have to update settings some where?

I have never touched that app in my life till now. Was not expecting it. It seems like it is automatically armed but it did ask me afterwards if I wanted to receive future alerts.

I was on 2233 last night and had a really bad storm but no warning at that time.

Hollywood67

Reaction score
I am not getting something right here. E:Signature verification error. I am sure I did something wrong. Uninstalled safestrap. Unfroze bloat. Factory data reset. Anyone have advice??

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am not getting something right here. E:Signature verification error. I am sure I did something wrong. Uninstalled safestrap. Unfroze bloat. Factory data reset. Anyone have advice??

check the file name

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Chris-pee

Reaction score

You have to extract the file from the folder, DO NOT try to flash the .crc file.Thats why you are getting the error.