new bionic ics update 6.7.230

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. That is how I did it before, but that was on GB to GB. Didn't know if something had changed when I installed the ICS leak.

It only changes if you're on 235 or higher. At that point, NEVER try to FXZ back to 902/905 as you'll brick your phone. Recoverable with Matt's script, sure, but, why take stupid chances? :D But on 232 or lower you're fine to use the FXZ.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
P.S. Don't make assumptions that 235 will be OTA based solely on the addition of new security. The RAZR and D4 leaks had the new security all throughout the leak cycle. I think we are close to a soak test, but, it'd be a bad move to assume 235 is it just on the new security.

Otakulad

Reaction score
It only changes if you're on 235 or higher. At that point, NEVER try to FXZ back to 902/905 as you'll brick your phone. Recoverable with Matt's script, sure, but, why take stupid chances? :D But on 232 or lower you're fine to use the FXZ.

My thoughts exactly. I'm going to stay on 230 until I finally see someone say the OTA dropped. My phone runs great besides the Burn Notice First Contact app fc'ing. Just wanted to be prepared.

Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
P.S. Don't make assumptions that 235 will be OTA based solely on the addition of new security. The RAZR and D4 leaks had the new security all throughout the leak cycle. I think we are close to a soak test, but, it'd be a bad move to assume 235 is it just on the new security.

Very true. In all regards to these phones, I'm a total noob. I've only had 3 Droids and taught myself how to mod them (with the help of xda and you guys), but this is the first time I've even talked to others about it. Every time i talk tech to my friends, they seem to get the "Homers brain checking out in the apple cider factory" kind of look, so i gave up on them...doesn't stop them from asking me to mod their phones though :p its hard switching my PC brain to Linux

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. I'm going to stay on 230 until I finally see someone say the OTA dropped. My phone runs great besides the Burn Notice First Contact app fc'ing. Just wanted to be prepared.

232 is safe to go to. Using my script and the new 905 FXZ it's really a piece of cake. No data or app loss.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Very true. In all regards to these phones, I'm a total noob. I've only had 3 Droids and taught myself how to mod them (with the help of xda and you guys), but this is the first time I've even talked to others about it. Every time i talk tech to my friends, they seem to get the "Homers brain checking out in the apple cider factory" kind of look, so i gave up on them...doesn't stop them from asking me to mod their phones though :p its hard switching my PC brain to Linux

LOL :) Yea, I learned a lot of things about the bionic the hard way. I'm nowhere near the league of people like matt, cellzealot, p3droid, dhacker, dan r, etc. Those guys are the true legends of our community. Nonetheless, you can learn a lot by reading and doing.

Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
LOL :) Yea, I learned a lot of things about the bionic the hard way. I'm nowhere near the league of people like matt, cellzealot, p3droid, dhacker, dan r, etc. Those guys are the true legends of our community. Nonetheless, you can learn a lot by reading and doing.

Yup. I think i was most proud of the fascinate though. No one click root there....can't even count how many times i thought i turned that thing into a paperweight....like trying to force honeycomb on it......good times

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It always is. But I don't like locked bootloaders. I'm an OG Droid and Xoom guy. This bionic stuff kinda blows. When I was on 5.7.893 I learned first hand just how badly it sucks.

Reaction score
So, strangest thing happened w/ .232 and my lapdock. Clicked on my Google widget and my phone rebooted. Tried again and another reboot. Any ideas?

patthomas12

Reaction score
first welcome to the fourms . i have had no sync problems with my outlook email to my phone set up using the default email app . if you are there are other email apps on market that may help .. i have heard touchdown works great .

Thanks for the reply.
It seemed that the update did something with the email accounts, I wiped them all out and then set them out again and they are working perfect now.
I have noticed that when docked in the HD or Car dock at times, it will not notify me of new emails. But i can live with that.