New Bionic/Droid user wants to pay for 1 to 1 advice

chrisserranony

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a convert from an iphone have a droid and would like to install this Theory ROM with some addons and teathering etc. I dont really have the time to read all it seems I need to read to understand everything I must do. So.....I would like to pay someone via Paypal or something to simply answer my few questions and point me in the right direction. Much of it arises from the files found on Index of /

Apologies in advance if this is against rules.

Any takers please let me know. I need this up and running today, or would like anyway...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
No need to pay anyone, that is the purpose of the forum - it is a community to help and answer questions as best we can.

First off, have you rooted your Bionic?

OP
C

chrisserranony

Reaction score
You Miss. Are fast. :). I have not rooted it. I have Petes tools installed and ready to go but I dont know which of the files on the linked site are to be used next. Id like the .999 update the THEORY ROM and possibly some of the other better stuff, though I dont know what any of it is!!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
OP
C

chrisserranony

Reaction score
See i saw that thread then i saw a file to. 999 on the theory website so i figured i can go to. 999. Thoughts?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I am on .901 with forever root and there is rumor / talk that they are releasing soak test files for .902...with the data drops issue, I am not sure how far off the "update" path I would stray...before getting to .901, I was rooted running the cheesecake updates with both Theory and Liberty ROMs - data drops were minimal. I think it truly comes down to what you need / expect from your phone...

If you are needing tethering - there is an app called PDANet which allows tethering and that might something to check into as well.

OP
C

chrisserranony

Reaction score
Ok so. 901 pda net theory rom. But which is the theory rom file in the list on the website? There are 20 files. Also do i need forever root?

OP
C

chrisserranony

Reaction score
Also what are theorypax 2.5?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Sorry...missed your other post...

Use the link I provided above...it will get on the path to .901 with forever root - this is what you will need in order to be able to add the ROMs.

This link - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-roms/189943-too-soon-rom-based-5-9-901-a.html ...talks about the 3 ROMs that have been updated for .901 with download links. You will only want to use themes that are based on these ROMs - the TPax you mention above (I don't know if there are any for the .901 build) but are themes for the base ROM.

OP
C

chrisserranony

Reaction score
OK so I formatted my sd card and ran the Bionic Path Saver 1 click Method in Admin and I get a permission denied- failed to copy message...thoughts?

kurumatt

Reaction score
I would stay on 893 if I were you. I had nothing but issues with 901.
Make sure you run your cmd window with admin rights and USB debugging is set on the phone

OP
C

chrisserranony

Reaction score
I think the consesus is .901>.893, from the posts ive read anyway. But thats moot unless I can actually upgrade to anything. I do have admin rights and USB is set to debug...

useltonm

Reaction score
.901 has solved problems for a lot people. Everyone seems to be very happy with the improvements .901 has made for the radio, camera, etc.

As for your issues with failing to copy, when you plug your phone into your pc, what do you have usb set to? You do have to have debugging enabled under settings/applications/development, but when you connect your phone to your pc via usb, usb connection shows up in your notification bar on your phone. Press the notification and choose charge only.

When you run the batch file, is it at the beginning where you have issues with it failing to copy? I had that issue to begin with, but it turned out the .893 radio zip and the .901 radio zip were missing from the folder runmebbb.bat was located in. If those aren't in the folder, that's probably where your issue is.