New Battery

DeekBoy

Reaction score
i will be getting my Incredible tomorrow and i keep hearing to let it die completely before charging. i have done this with all my previous phones but read somewhere else that i need to charge it right away. so i thought i would ask you guys!!! should i charge it fully right when i get it or run it till its empty. thanks :D

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i will be getting my Incredible tomorrow and i keep hearing to let it die completely before charging. i have done this with all my previous phones but read somewhere else that i need to charge it right away. so i thought i would ask you guys!!! should i charge it fully right when i get it or run it till its empty. thanks :D

Yes, charge it when you get the phone. You charge it until it's full and recharge it when it gets below 30%. The new lithium batteries do not require to be run down completely.

If you want it's not a bad idea to fully discharge the battery a few times in a year, but basically they have no memory so you can recharge whenever you feel like it.

Also you don't have to charge it for a full 24 hours. Just charge it until it's fully charged, that's all it needs.

Last edited:

lwl209

Reaction score
It's true, you need to plug your phone in and let it charge completely (the led indicator light will turn from orange to green when it is fully charged). Its pretty much the first thing the user guide tells you to do.

212_NYC

Reaction score
took me less that 2 hour full power the phone i god damm love it.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
umm.. i got mine, pwred it up, played with it and charged it.. i didnt fully let it charge up tho before taking it off the charge.... oops.. if i see battery issues ill just get a new battery i suppose.

blvck_scvle

Reaction score
the guy at the verizon store told me not to over charge it...like don't leave it charged overnight it could mess up the battery life

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
the guy at the verizon store told me not to over charge it...like don't leave it charged overnight it could mess up the battery life

Hes wrong. You can not mess up the incredible by charging it overnight. Once its done charging it goes into a safe mode so to speak which doesn't charge it but doesn't let the battery run down either.