New Battery doesn't last

rayrey10

Reaction score
We have had 2 Droid phones for about a year and a half. About a month ago we got new batteries because the original ones went from lasting an entire day to being at 30% by the time we got home from work....with no increase in use. Anyways, we got the new batteries from the droidforums store and charged the batteries for 8 hrs as recommended and still no improvement. Also we have not installed any new apps.

My typical usage is sending/receiving 20 SMS, maybe sending/receiving a picture file and occasional internet/gps/youtube usage. Maybe 30-45 minutes of talking on the phone. I usually plug the phone in when I go to bed and unplug it about 7hrs later. That worked fine for a year and a half. And now with the new batteries it's actually worse.

Any ideas on what it could be ?

Also I've noticed that on the "system tray" on the top, next to the battery meter there has been an icon that looks like a circle with two arrows inside the circle going around. What does that mean?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Look at the battery life threads. I doubt your problem was the battery to begin with. Have you even looked at the battery info/use screen?

Reaction score
We have had 2 Droid phones for about a year and a half. About a month ago we got new batteries because the original ones went from lasting an entire day to being at 30% by the time we got home from work....with no increase in use. Anyways, we got the new batteries from the droidforums store and charged the batteries for 8 hrs as recommended and still no improvement. Also we have not installed any new apps.

My typical usage is sending/receiving 20 SMS, maybe sending/receiving a picture file and occasional internet/gps/youtube usage. Maybe 30-45 minutes of talking on the phone. I usually plug the phone in when I go to bed and unplug it about 7hrs later. That worked fine for a year and a half. And now with the new batteries it's actually worse.

Any ideas on what it could be ?

Also I've noticed that on the "system tray" on the top, next to the battery meter there has been an icon that looks like a circle with two arrows inside the circle going around. What does that mean?

Is your phone rooted? If so you can find in the Market an app called battery calibration. Run it and see if that helps your battery life. The icon you describe sounds like the sync icon. It displays whenever the phone is syncing with Google. Unless you have a poor connection or have a considerable change in your data that should not display for very long, a few seconds at most. Any more then that is perhaps a clue to your problem.

OP
rayrey10

rayrey10

Reaction score
Thanks. I will certainly try the battery calibration app.

Yes, I have looked at the battery info screen nothing seems out of the ordinary. I will keep checking it to see if there are any anomalies.