1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New Battery Conditioning?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by Pegleg, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Pegleg

Pegleg Member

Recently read that with a new battery it is a good idea to intially run the battery to "zero" 2 or 3 times before beginning to recharge it on a regular basis. I didn't think that was required with lithium ion batteries...

Comments?

Pegleg
  2. lowtech

lowtech New Member

I've read that too - and I recently read that you should never run them to zero... :icon_question: ... Personally I never do. I just run it down very low (no specific level) and then charge to full. Over time (a week or so) my batteries always seem to improve in life-span. I'm working on my new battery now.
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Unlike the older batteries the new generation of lithium batteries do not have a memory. You should not run them down on a regular basis it can be harmful to the battery. Its OK to do this every once and a while but you should recharge them between 20 and 30%.
Search tags for this page
battery conditioner

battery conditioning

condition new battery for droid x2
condition new droid3 battery
conditioning a new battery
conditioning galaxy s3 battery
conditioning new battery
conditioning new phone battery
how to condition a motorola battery
how to condition a new phone battery
how to condition droid battery