New Battery Conditioning?

Pegleg

Reaction score
Recently read that with a new battery it is a good idea to intially run the battery to "zero" 2 or 3 times before beginning to recharge it on a regular basis. I didn't think that was required with lithium ion batteries...

Comments?

Pegleg

lowtech

Reaction score
Recently read that with a new battery it is a good idea to intially run the battery to "zero" 2 or 3 times before beginning to recharge it on a regular basis. I didn't think that was required with lithium ion batteries...

Comments?

Pegleg

I've read that too - and I recently read that you should never run them to zero... :icon_question: ... Personally I never do. I just run it down very low (no specific level) and then charge to full. Over time (a week or so) my batteries always seem to improve in life-span. I'm working on my new battery now.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unlike the older batteries the new generation of lithium batteries do not have a memory. You should not run them down on a regular basis it can be harmful to the battery. Its OK to do this every once and a while but you should recharge them between 20 and 30%.