New baseband too??

DroidNYC

Reaction score
All updated, signal strength at 92 dBm, don't know what it was at before though....

gan777

Reaction score
At MDW they say you can install this like an update.zip but then say that it will make you reactivate the phone.

Does that mean it's like flashing the ROM? (and that one would have to restore apps and such from backups?) Or does this just affect the radio communication (so that we update, active or whatever, and then the phone is just a better version of what it was 4 minutes ago)?

Don't remember from last time I flashed the new baseband if I had to restore apps or not... Good question though.... Anyone have the answer????

19DroidRage84

Reaction score
Just flashed. Im on 2.1 and everything went fine. Just hit 1 and it didnt aske for anything. It was alittle strange though phone booted all the way up and said "roaming indicator off" then activated. baseband version C_01.41.00R

KukiKid

Reaction score
Wait what did that froyo for non root users mean? Can I get froyo without rooting?

Reaction score
Just flashed, and it went fine. It did not ask me for my billing password or anything, just activated my phone. I changed the vocode as well while I was at it. Too soon to report any notice in signal strength change or anything.

THANK YOU AGAIN MYDROIDWORLD/P3DROID!

ohioDroid

Reaction score
Just flashed. Im on 2.1 and everything went fine. Just hit 1 and it didnt aske for anything. It was alittle strange though phone booted all the way up and said "roaming indicator off" then activated. baseband version C_01.41.00R

So what exactly did you do, if you don't mind me asking for excruciating detail... Download the zip file, place on the sdcard renaming it as update.zip, boot into Recovery, apply the update.zip, reactive the phone and enter one of the codes people here have been listing...? Or something else?

Reaction score
I just flashed the new baseband and it told me to enter my phone number, and my SSN, and then told me my insurance may be cancelled... What gives?

19DroidRage84

Reaction score

So what exactly did you do, if you don't mind me asking for excruciating detail... Download the zip file, place on the sdcard renaming it as update.zip, boot into Recovery, apply the update.zip, reactive the phone and enter one of the codes people here have been listing...? Or something else?

Thats how I did it except i didnt have to enter any code.

logsdza

Reaction score
I just flashed the new baseband and it told me to enter my phone number, and my SSN, and then told me my insurance may be cancelled... What gives?

Only time it should cancel you insurance is if the ESN is changing via the OTA programming to your own provided equipment. baseband version doesnt mess with the ESN right? :icon_eek:

IronFox

Reaction score
Just updated mine. Asked for SNN, gave all the info they asked for and everythings a OK.

ohioDroid

Reaction score

Thats how I did it except i didnt have to enter any code.

And since it ran as an update, none of your apps or settings or anything were overridden? I'm just gauging what kind of safety-backup I should do beforehand.

I find it odd that half the people here half to enter a code, half get weird response, and half didn't have to enter anything. And yes, I know that adds up to 150%.