New baseband too??

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
yea I'm getting the ss# question and being asked to call a different number from a land line. Its getting personal. this is going to be fun. I'll call the number and the get back to you guys

This guys sig is much bigger than that other guys UD sig.

altjx

Reaction score
Why is there a triangle in the top around the signal bars? there's a black triangle. it only came once i downloaded this baseband

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Took about 10 mins but I do notice better service at my house. used to only get 3 bars now at full service not fluctuating either staying pretty solid on full bars!!

V

verian

I called any one having trouble try *22899 to activate. If that doesn't work. call them the dude got me all set up! however it was kinda weird. I'm pretty sure they know what I'm up to.

He was like.... What happened why do you need to reactivate?

I said the phone was freezing while opening facebook and that I tried to do a factory reset and must have messed up bad please help me.

I'm being watched now baby!!! they can go blow stone, I don't give an apple pie about what they want to know.

ohioDroid

Reaction score
At MDW they say you can install this like an update.zip but then say that it will make you reactivate the phone.

Does that mean it's like flashing the ROM? (and that one would have to restore apps and such from backups?) Or does this just affect the radio communication (so that we update, active or whatever, and then the phone is just a better version of what it was 4 minutes ago)?

Tino

Reaction score
After installing the updated baseband. My vocode reset to evrc. If you want to switch to evrc-b so that you wont sound tinny to people you call do the following.

Dial ##program
PW 000000

Select vocode
Change from evrc to evrc-b

When you exit, your phone will restart. Youll be good to go once rebooted.

However, remember that not all of the US has access to this standard thats why it is set to evrc by default. If you change, but cannot make calls you may want to switch back...

PS: I did not have any noticeable increase in signal strength.

-86 dBm pre
-84/85 dBm post

scott78613

Reaction score
Did update, phone called Verizon, pressed 1, phone reprogrammed, took about a minute. Didn't have to enter SS# or talk to a real person.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yall need to try some speed test before and after the update. There are apps in the Market to test up and download speeds. Might see a difference. I havent installed this yet.

So much in the last 2 days, still trying to catch my breathe......

Madvincent

Reaction score
i am so confused on this is this for 2.2 and is 2.2 even out for the droid cuz i am completely lost

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes and no.........

Its not officially out. This is an update to baseband (call quality/reception/signal strength)

drewlamo1

Reaction score
Imporvements for Froyo for sure...............

Next week I have more coming to the Droid Incredible community as well....stay tuned late next week........

Have a great night!!!

Miami

any hints on this? c'mon now lol