New AWS network from Verizon

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just did the same test back home in Staten Island, 10MB down and 6MB upload, guess only in Manhattan for now.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Here's mine. This is exciting stuff.
ahy3a7yg.jpg

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Don't know. Don't care. These download speeds are off the chain.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
I can pull these speeds and faster in Orange county, California. I had one at 70/40 Mbps

silverfang77

Reaction score
Too bad Sprint can't get their act together and do this.

KaChow

Reaction score
I know this seems exciting and all, but XLTE speeds should be showing gains between 101-225Mbps on the download. Most of the radios in mobile devices are only capable of handling download speeds to 100Mbps and that also includes the iPhone. The Note 3 going forward which added an option to handle 150Mbps came out late last year and most of the latest devices like the S5 are capable of supporting speeds up to 225Mbps.

Long story short, we should be all able to turn our devices on, point them at the sky and receive 100Mbps without breaking a sweat. But, for some reason that is not the case. :blink:

silverfang77

Reaction score
It's just like when 56 k modems were introduced. You get bursts of the top speed, but never sustained.

bbtkd

Reaction score
I know this seems exciting and all, but XLTE speeds should be showing gains between 101-225Mbps on the download. Most of the radios in mobile devices are only capable of handling download speeds to 100Mbps and that also includes the iPhone. The Note 3 going forward which added an option to handle 150Mbps came out late last year and most of the latest devices like the S5 are capable of supporting speeds up to 225Mbps.

Long story short, we should be all able to turn our devices on, point them at the sky and receive 100Mbps without breaking a sweat. But, for some reason that is not the case. :blink:

In the middle of the night when most others are sleeping, you would think so. During waking hours, with many others sharing the radio bandwidth and the bandwidth going to each cell site, it has to drop. They might even place limits on individual connections and it may depend on time of day or anticipated load. For instance when a cell reaches 50% data saturation, they may limit individual connections to 40mbit.