1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New Armor case ?mess with reception ?

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by kygator1, Mar 16, 2010.

1. kygator1

kygator1 New Member

First off I do not post a lot because by the time I want to post something this site has covered it,this site has it all, love it great job well done..Now I was liking the new metal case over at boxwave a lot,I never use the hard kb at all so the idea of closing it shut is wonderfull and i like the idea for a pocket style case but was wondering if something like that would mess up ota reception or casue any other problems not thought of any opinions on this would be appreciated ...
  2. cuskit

cuskit New Member

How about a link, a photo, etc.?

Without seeing the one you speak of - I can say that there are a few metal cases available which have had no negative reports of interference. :) mike
  3. kygator1

kygator1 New Member

4. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

Until someone comes into this thread that has actually used one all I can offer is speculation.

With that being said seeing that it will cover the antennae and it's made of aluminum there is a possibility, albeit a small one, that it may have an effect.

Personally I don't think it will have any effect but stranger things have happened.

Best bet is to find out what their return policy is if you run into any problems.
  5. xliderider

xliderider New Member

6. orangepeel

orangepeel New Member

7. mrbiggiemac

mrbiggiemac New Member

monaco armor case for the droid x

yes im mrbiggiemac from youtube i do reviews and unboxing videos and i have the monaco metal case the jet black and it dose not mess with the signal of the radio in the droid x its very well made i have been buying th monaco cases since the lg dare days and i can tell ya it dose not mess with the call signal at all now if you in a area where you get bad signal its might not help if you already have a very bad signal but i dont see any sign of it on this end guys check out my videos and i started a channel called thatandroidguy on youtube too for just android phone case and accessories
Search tags for this page
armor case for droid x
do metal cases mess with reception?

droid x armor case

droid x armor cases
shockproof phone case block reception
trident case messing up phone
under armour phone cases for razr