New Archos 70 Brings Shame To Other Tablets

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you get android market and other free apps on this by saving them with Tibu on another device and copying them over and installing the apks?

Chris-pee

Reaction score
Can you get android market and other free apps on this by saving them with Tibu on another device and copying them over and installing the apks?

You can put all the google apps on it, there is an apk over at archosfans.com. Gives you full market acess.

Reaction score
had the 70 it was good. for the price its great at $259 i paid. but i returned it as the power button broke. i got the samsung tab now for 499 at costco and its so so so much smoother faster and better but more expensive!! my company paid for it but its still sweet hopefully the price will drop more on it and i would go samsung if it does.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
From what I understand the sub-par performance on this tablet and the 101 is primarily due to the fact that it only has 256MB of RAM, which is ridiculous. Couple that with the build quality issues that people have been complaining about with descriptions like "cheap" and "flimsy"... and I won't touch this thing with a 10 foot pole. It's not like a few people are saying that the Archos tabs feel cheap EVERYONE who has held one has remarked about it. Then there are complaints that people have been buying them and when they broke Archos charged them for repairs. I know you can't believe everything you hear on the internet, but I what I'm hearing consistently I really don't like.

Chris-pee

Reaction score
I would not say it feels really cheap. It does random reboot quite a bit and freezes ocasionally. Swiping from screen to screen is about as fast as a 1.5 device with the stock launcher. Launcher pro will load and run and speeds up the launcher but you cant add widgets with launcher pro or adw for some reason. Typing on it is really good though. The browser works awesome surprisingly. The battery life is excellent , I charge mine every two days with decent usage. Most android apps scale really well to the larger screen.

Sent from my A101IT using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I would not say it feels really cheap. It does random reboot quite a bit and freezes ocasionally. Swiping from screen to screen is about as fast as a 1.5 device with the stock launcher. Launcher pro will load and run and speeds up the launcher but you cant add widgets with launcher pro or adw for some reason. Typing on it is really good though. The browser works awesome surprisingly. The battery life is excellent , I charge mine every two days with decent usage. Most android apps scale really well to the larger screen.

Sent from my A101IT using DroidForums App

to be fair though it is wicked light! and my samsung has rebooted a few times on its own as well. its cheap priced and works ok. but the price is right.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
It is light, and it doesnt feel like its cheaply built to ME

I used the gappsinstaller.apk, because it installed the latest version of market.

I extracted the ADW Launcher Ex apk from my phones system directory and installed it on my tablet (yes i paid for it). Now screen transitions and the app drawer is smooth and fast as hell.

Fring video calls seem to be broken on the latest firmware, though, too bad.

Interesting that I have the 70 internet tablet, yet the auto-sig says A70H, like I have the crappy home tablet.

Sent from my A70H using DroidForums App

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Having a hard drive and especially only 800 x 480 in a 7 inch tablet makes it a total no go for me. What were they thinking with that screen resolution? Even my D1 is a little bit better than that.