New apps showing up on my RAZR! What's up with that!

211SSW

Reaction score
Tonight, I'm committed to fixing issues connected with my RAZR. My last issue( at least I think it's the last- until tonight, I had never started new thread) but once I finished entering my issues, my phone had switched to ringtone on phone calls = silent & silent had become "on" but when I left the phone, it was off. But I digress,
While I was typing and I did one update but to my surprise, there are 2 new apps on my screen! It isn't even on the
homescreen. They are titled, Droid Apps & then I see Free Spin but above it, I see Sloto. The first is handango.com & lists a long list of available apps. The second ones goes to one program called Slotomania .
My interest is less about what they are & more about how they get there? I'm thinking it may have to do with the permissions given when apps are installed - a list shown when the second click takes place to update an app but I don't recall when I see it when originally adding an app. How can I know in advance about such a thing. Does it matter? Is it just going to be essential when using a RAZR?
Is there a prayer that I'll ever stop this?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I haven't seen either of the apps you mention. I have the most recent updates on my RAZR and have never had apps appear on their own. With this problem you're having, and the other one you mentioned in your other thread, I'm thinking its time for a factory reset.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP

211SSW

Reaction score
Thanks, Foxcat, for your response to 2apps showing up on screen-uninvited

Oh, no- wouldn't I lose all my info that I've worked so hard to develop? I'm confident that I don't have any virus, etc as everything is scanned as it comes into the phone (Lookout program does the scanning)
I'm thinking it may have to do with the permissions that come along with many apps. Some include a generous list.
Tonight, I had list of updates for 38 apps & some were fairly broad in their ability to read personal info, etc.

The issues I describe tonight are not new. Everything has been present since the first week I got the phone as new RAZR.

It seems to crash which is annoying but often there is an easy explanation for the crash.i've been at this for far too many hours but I wanted to thank you for responding, even though you did not have solution for me other than factory reset.
I'm aggravated but not sufficiently to take that step. It may come but not yet. Bye, S

YellowJacket

Reaction score
By default, ICS puts a shortcut to apps on any available spot on your homescreens, so when any of your apps were updated, its possible that the shortcut was placed there during the process.

You may want to uninstall any of those apps you dont use or suspect as being fishy.

David