New Apps installed via update?? Are they safe?

tracys

Reaction score
I downloaded a simple calculator, tubemate, and updated my flashplayer today and when
Looking through my programs I noticed an madden nfl 11 program and message program on the list. I opened the nfl one and it has complete acess to every phone function but is not currently running. The option to uninstall program is not functioning. I also noticed that a sync program for yahoomail was created. I checked the box to unlock automatic syncing just in case. Please help what do I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
T

tracys

Reaction score
Ok so this was a droid standard update or was it somthing I did? I am completely new to smartphones but with the exception to tubemate I have not knowingly given permission to any app to do anything past minor network communication. If this is somthing that needs to be unrooted I'll have to take it to verizons tech people.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Madden nfl was installed with the latest ota update for the dx.

tappin and a talkin

Good thing im rooted with CW recovery. i hate having certain things pushed on me.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok so this was a droid standard update or was it somthing I did? I am completely new to smartphones but with the exception to tubemate I have not knowingly given permission to any app to do anything past minor network communication. If this is somthing that needs to be unrooted I'll have to take it to verizons tech people.

It was a standard update for all users, its nothing to worry about other than an app you'll probably never use in your app drawer.

tappin and a talkin

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just recieved the update(clicked later) time to add a custome rom. I don't want it. Heck I postponed 2.1 on my droid for 3 months.

OP
T

tracys

Reaction score
Well thank you I'm going to need to learn about rooting so I can avoid it in the future. I did start to read your link about it still unclear yet which particular action to avoid. I'm truly terrible with computers every time I get near one it crashes but I needed the best internet acsess hence my buying droidx.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Which link did you read? What do you mean by actions to avoid? I'm sure we can help you out if you decide rooting is for you.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well thank you I'm going to need to learn about rooting so I can avoid it in the future. I did start to read your link about it still unclear yet which particular action to avoid. I'm truly terrible with computers every time I get near one it crashes but I needed the best internet acsess hence my buying droidx.

Well we are here to help. If you decide to root your device.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just recieved the update(clicked later) time to add a custome rom. I don't want it. Heck I postponed 2.1 on my droid for 3 months.

I second that....no updates from me. Nothing good comes from Verizon updates. The only thing I thought good came from froyo was Flash Player. And I never even use it.

:icon_eek:

rharv3

Reaction score
I need help with rooting my DX. I'm not a huge techie but I too hate having bs apps forced on me.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Read through the "multiple phones, root them, unroot them" link in my sig. It will help you greatly. Its not my thread but I keep an eye on it, so if you have any questions about the process you can post them there and someone will stop by to assist.

tappin and a talkin

rharv3

Reaction score
@spaz: how do I get t to your signature while I'm using the Forums app?

I named my droid XL because I love him that much!!!

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
You guys do know that the Madden 11 beta game is NOT bloatware right? As verizon pushes it, its nothing more than an icon. You have to click that icon and manually install the games resources. There's a little too much anti-establishment paranoia going around about this topic.