New Apps from 2.1

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Astro won't extract the zip from the original post.. What am I doing wrong?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Astro won't extract the zip from the original post.. What am I doing wrong?

Post #7 has them already unzipped....

DroidHoff

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the remove directions! Also I moved my wallpaper folder to the root of the sd card from its place in my downloads folder and that fixed the phantom photos! Now if only I could sync my picasa albums up......

broosewee

Reaction score
The 2.1 Clock can replace the ugly multimedia clock. The first time you insert in dock it will give you a choice, check the default box and then select "clock" and it will default to the 2.1 clock everytime you put it in the dock.

FAR superior version and the dimmer dims it a LOT, perfect for nightime since it is not so bright. PLUS if you long hold the "dimmer button" it will switch to a "green" night lite type display.

VERY COOL!!

I see, but there's no weather information in the new Clock. I personally didn't find much wrong with the original dock clock, but that green night light is pretty funky.

broosewee

Reaction score
When I downloaded the #1 post files on my droid, it only downloaded 13kb of the 128kb of the file. The downloaded file was not a valid zip file, therefore cannot be extracted. I had to download the file onto my PC and copy it into my Droid to get it properly.

#7 post download says downloads exceeded for the day, try again later.

That's my story.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Like the new sliding action in the Gallery, but still no pinch zoom. Will stick with MultiTouch Gallery for now.

OP
RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
When I downloaded the #1 post files on my droid, it only downloaded 13kb of the 128kb of the file. The downloaded file was not a valid zip file, therefore cannot be extracted. I had to download the file onto my PC and copy it into my Droid to get it properly.

That's my story.

Use another browser for downloading #1 post files!

broosewee

Reaction score

That's my story.

Use another browser for downloading #1 post files!

I normally don't install another browser just to download one file when my PC is right in front of me ;)

I'm using the stock browser btw.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
The 2.1 Clock can replace the ugly multimedia clock. The first time you insert in dock it will give you a choice, check the default box and then select "clock" and it will default to the 2.1 clock everytime you put it in the dock.

FAR superior version and the dimmer dims it a LOT, perfect for nightime since it is not so bright. PLUS if you long hold the "dimmer button" it will switch to a "green" night lite type display.

VERY COOL!!

I see, but there's no weather information in the new Clock. I personally didn't find much wrong with the original dock clock, but that green night light is pretty funky.

The new clock has weather information.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

I fail to see it, can you elaborate?

I am pretty sure you have to have the "News and Weather" app/widget from 2.1 (geniewidget.apk) installed before it will show weather on the Desk Clock. BUT for some reason it only shows in Celsius, but when you tap the icon it brings up the new Weather app from the new and Weather widget/app.

Install details..

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/9737-google-news-widget-works-droid.html

Last edited:

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

I fail to see it, can you elaborate?

With the new clock, I can place my Droid in the multimedia dock and it shows the date, time, alarm time, weather, and current location. Along the bottom are the usual alarm, media, music, and home shortcuts.

*edit* It may be because I also have the Google weather and news app that was pulled from 2.1 installed. When I touch the weather icon from the multimedia screen, it pulls up the same weather page that the google widget brings up. You can download this app and install it very easily, so give that a try.