New Apple Patent is Proof Positive that the USPTO Does Not Know What They Are Doing

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jul 19, 2012.

1. cjreyes666

cjreyes666 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    so i guess next they will patent oxygen and will start charging everyone to breathe if not they let those die.

2. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,242
    Exactly.

3. drhrr

drhrr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Let me go ahead and patent a bitten Apple and sue Apple cause it was my idea to patent it... No wait, they must have the patent on inventing Apples so I can't...

Seriously this is just demostrating how childish the company is. Sad to see how much they are putting into the pan while knowing that it can potentially destroy them. Stave Jobs (R.I.P.) indeed had a vendetta against Google/Android (which translates into all other smartdevices that are not iPhone/iPad), but its so obvious that the board of directors is showing their greedy side now that he is no longer there to keep the fight "prudent".

I hope they will have a broader idea of what will come if they push the button, this is not only potentially dangerous for them, but for the entire software/hardware development, which isn't just for smartdevices, its for every single thing that has even been developed just because they can't share the playground with other kids...

4. PhreighnQ

PhreighnQ Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Wasn't Steve Jobs quoted to have said that he was willing to to thermonuclear to defeat Android? Maybe this is that plan.

5. drhrr

drhrr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thing is that this plan goes far beyond of only comprising Android, it can also count towards apps as mentioned in the OP, websites, different layouts for even Netflix and menus of the sort. In fact, Im pretty sure it touches MS in someway, and there, it would be like scratching the tiger directly in their privates...

6. Fernanernie

Fernanernie New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    We have the best priced legal system.

7. Dusty

Dusty Gold Member

Ratings:
    +597
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 3XL
    Couldn't this patent be defanged like Motorola's long standing original patent on the basic principles of a cellphone? A patent so broad that you have to let others use it (at a very reasonable price) for a fair market. Just sayin'.

8. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

Ratings:
    +59
    Current Phone Model:
    Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
    I'm still vexed at how a patent this far reaching doesn't in some way violate the anti-trust laws of allowing competition and preventing a monopoly. Antitrust Laws

9. A.Brooks

A.Brooks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Aren't you already doing this, for their own good. I mean anyone I actually like or consider a friend...heck...even an acquaintance I steer away from Apple.

10. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod

Ratings:
    +1,671
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    The ridiculousness of this makes me lost for words...

Apple is being ridiculous for filing a patent every other day and the patent office is beyond ridiculous for allowing them to do it.

11. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    I still say we should patent screens and interfaces.... eh... I'm not going into the long speech... total garbage

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

12. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +83
    You have to remember just because the patent office gives them a patent it by no means is a court proven patent, which means that for them to use this patent against others the courts would have to rule that this is even a worthy patent. As we've seen time and time again Windows v Lindows... when microsoft tried to sue lindows for their name, the courts said no way because windows is too common of a name. The same thing could happen here and most likely would.

Search tags for this page

pinch to zoom patent invalid