New Apple Injunction Causes Samsung to Pull Galaxy Tab 7.7 from IFA 2011 Show

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy_tab_77_not-for-sale-in-Germany.jpg

Apparently, the Apple legal onslaught has really hammered Samsung in multiple ways. A new injunction was just garnered against the Samsung Galaxy 7.7 Android Tablet on September 2nd, causing Samsung to pull the device from the IFA 2011 expo. Samsung even went to the trouble of labeling the device with a "Not for sale in Germany" sticker, but this was not enough for Apple and the court system, so Samsung had to remove the device from the showroom floor. Here's a quote from the PhoneArena and Bloomberg article,
James Chung, a Samsung spokesperson from the Korean headquarters, has confirmed for Bloomberg that Apple has been granted an injunction to ban the sales and marketing of the Galaxy Tab 7.7 in Germany, and Samsung has put all those activities on hold, at least until the court hearing September 9 regarding the first injunction, for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

“Samsung respects the court’s decision,” Chung had said, but according to the company the court's decision “severely limits consumer choice in Germany” and Samsung will be pursuing all legal venues to lift the ban.
According to the Bloomberg article, Samsung has probably lost sales of Android tablets totaling about half a million units so far this year because of the lawsuits. The Bloomberg article also indicated,
Samsung shares fell 4.9 percent, the most since Aug. 18, to 731,000 won at the 3 p.m. close in Seoul trading, extending their drop this year to 23 percent. The benchmark Kospi index declined 4.4 percent today.

Source: GalaxyForums.net via PhoneArena and Bloomberg

Parkhum

Reaction score
I'm an avid Apple user, because of my recording studio, but I'm pretty fed up with Apple.
All of these "injunctions" and patent things really get on my nerves. It seems super petty. They appear to be mad that Android devices are getting so much popularity, therefore they're like "Well, damn, we're gonna try and make it so you can't sell anything!"

Pretty lame stuff.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I don't see how stopping Samsung's business if fair, make them pay $5 fee per machine, or make them hold the money aside until the the appeal. Stopping them from selling in an entire market!?! Over kill much?

From what I've read everyone has 'borrowed' everyone's else's patents plus manufactures have shared back and forth,
how can anyone keep it all straight?

Hell, an example from the old days, Palm graffiti, got changed (kinda) and then when the anticlimax came we were stuck with the new code.

XMasterMoronX

Reaction score
How did they get the morons in Germany's courts to pass this injunction? It's not even the same form factor... unless apple photo-shopped the screen to 9.5 inches.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow so many misguided thoughts in this thread already.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

sarreq

Reaction score
i'm sure Apple's got their iDaemons out bartering deals with the judges behind the scenes

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Booo

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Donsell

Reaction score
You guys better stop using lower case i's. Apple owns all small vertical bars or lines with small dots or periods above them.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
You guys better stop using lower case i's. Apple owns all small vertical bars or lines with small dots or periods above them.

It's bad enough they launched the iPhone on my birthday, but now I can't even use my name =(

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Rindaen

Reaction score
Apple has enough money they should just let Samsung copy the iPad , Its not like anyone would ever think its an Apple device.
Really why would Apple need to protect themselves.
Apple should just watch everyone market devices that look like an iPad so that Android has a chance to catch up with a tablet.

Its just not fair that Samsung cant copy the iPad ....

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple has enough money they should just let Samsung copy the iPad , Its not like anyone would ever think its an Apple device.
Really why would Apple need to protect themselves.
Apple should just watch everyone market devices that look like an iPad so that Android has a chance to catch up with a tablet.

Its just not fair that Samsung cant copy the iPad ....

Please tell me that you are:

A) not being sarcastic in any way shape or form AND
B) some unknown heir that is about to inherit the entire Apple empire...