Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

atom.jpg

In our never-ending quest for speed, usability and unique look, we often turn our attention to home replacements. In the realm of great launchers for Ice Cream Sandwich based devices we usually turn our attention to Apex or Nova. They offer a very ICS stock approach with a plethora of customizable settings to help you get the most out of your device. Sometimes you want something a little different though, something that not everyone else is using, something with a new look and feel. That is where some people will pick up ADW Launcher EX, Go Launcher or one of many others out there.Now we have a new one that was just released to the Play Store that is very promising.

It is called Atom Launcher and was created by the same people that brought you Nemus Launcher along with Butterfly+ Launcher and SSKin. Atom Launcher is designed for ICS and Jelly Bean based device or ROM’s. It features a ton of great features and additions that you might find to your liking a bit more over some of the current options out there.

atom1.jpg
atom2.jpg
atom3.jpg

It offers themes, folders, two icons sets, a nice clock or search widgets, scroll-able dock where the app drawer icon stays in the center and a lot more. We just installed it ourselves and are finding all kinds of nice little additions and tweaks.

atom4.jpg
atom5.jpg
atom6.jpg

Later this month the app will have its own store available through the launcher to download various other effects, themes and icons. It is definitely worth checking out when you have some time.

You can pick up Atom Launcher for free in the Google Play Store

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Anyone try this yet? You should! I really like it. :cool-b:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
downloading now will give my .02 tonight or in morning:p

bullswife98

Reaction score
Well I came across this thread and downloaded the launcher to give it a shot, I must say not bad, usually I wait a week before posting any thoughts (to be fair) but it is a nice launcher so far. Could use more free themes and looking forward to your theme store in the next few updates, but over all its pretty decent. No lag,or stutter,no freezing up, not had. Will be looking forward to more improvements.

TAG YOUR IT! DROID RAZR using Droid Forums :)

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Downloading

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
The screen shots look nice. Maybe I'll give it a shot. But I have to say that I always end up going back to Go Launcher no matter what other launcher I try. It's always smooth and fast on my phone. Never had an issue with it. But this looks promising.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Last edited:

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Ok, I'm trying import my home screens from GL and when I try it just sits there and says copy home screen but does nothing. The only thing clickable is cancel. Am I doing something wrong? How does it know that I want GL not Sense. Is it just slow and I'm impatient or what. Other than that it seems fast.

Last edited:

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
Ok, I'm trying import my home screens from GL and when I try it just sits there and says copy home screen but does nothing. The only thing clickable is cancel. Am I doing something wrong? How does it know that I want GL not Sense. Is it just slow and I'm impatient or what. Other than that it seems fast.

It force closes on me when I try it. Other then that, thats the only issue Ive found with it...so far.

I think I'm going to stick with it for a while.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I haven't had that problem. It's fast and smooth but you still can't hide the dock or status bar. It's nice but yet again it's not enough for me to give up GL. It doesn't impress me enough. GL on my phone is just as fast and smooth and has more customizing options. There is nothing that this launcher does that GL can't do just as well or better. The only launcher I've seen that may get me to switch is Rabbit. And that still needs some more themes and a bit more polish. I'm uninstalling it.

jtc303

Reaction score
LoudRam said:
The screen shots look nice. Maybe I'll give it a shot. But I have to say that I always end up going back to Go Launcher no matter what other launcher I try. It's always smooth and fast on my phone. Never had an issue with it. But this looks promising.

Same here... that does look decent tho... I will probably give it a try once there is more themes

jtc303

Reaction score
LoudRam said:
I haven't had that problem. It's fast and smooth but you still can't hide the dock or status bar. It's nice but yet again it's not enough for me to give up GL. It doesn't impress me enough. GL on my phone is just as fast and smooth and has more customizing options. There is nothing that this launcher does that GL can't do just as well or better. The only launcher I've seen that may get me to switch is Rabbit. And that still needs some more themes and a bit more polish. I'm uninstalling it.

Rabbit would be cool if it wasnt so kiddie... like an alien tech theme or something... right now its like something my little cousin kenzie would have on her ipod touch

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Rabbit would be cool if it wasnt so kiddie... like an alien tech theme or something... right now its like something my little cousin kenzie would have on her ipod touch

Yep, more adult/guy themes. I like the 3d. Now that's different. I tried Regina launcher but I didn't like that.