New Android Models Droid MAx vs Moto X vs sony vs samsung etc

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have a droid razr maxx hd that I upgraded to about 2 months ago as I gave up waiting for the new Razr Maxx which after I upgraded came out Today. I went down to the Verizon store to see if it was any better since it is supposed to have a faster CPU. When I tried it at the store I noticed they put the power plug at the bottom (no more sideway car docking in this Model which my current model can do) It seemed to have hard coded android buttons as well my older model has electronic menu buttons that change with orientation etc. It seems the new model might be faster but they made it more like the model 2 versions previous. I aslo didn't see any extra widgets or stand out features that jumped out at me. I did notice that to get to settings you pull down the notification draw and click or a gears icon to go setting besides that it seemed to be the same as the older model. I am wondering what other people think of it. My friend who does cell phone support has the new sony android which has a really good sample video that shows off its graphics was a nice phone but he likes the Blackberry Q10 real Keyboard better and the ability to use anrdoid apps with it. I tried the Samsung models at the vzw store and didn't like the follow you eyes feature while reading. So I am still waiting for the next great android phone and still with the droid razr maxx hd (year old) for the moment.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have looked at the Droid MAxx as an upgrade option but its batter says its only 8% faster and even though the internal memory goes from 16 to 32 you lose the sd slot
The docking Usb changes from horizontal to vertical so you have to change the car docks etc as well. My droid maxx hd has the auto sensing cables that can tell if you are docked in car or on video plaing dock or just charger to preform different actions. I wonder if the the new one can do that I have n't seen any write-ups on that does anybody know if it can?

I have looked at
LG G2 which looks good but doesn't have some of the features I like in the Mororola Droids but it is supposed to have have a better camera
and the Blackberry Z30 which has better android support and the next bios release says it will be even better but the interface would take a while to get used to and I like having the android 3 buttons at the bottom

I think a good combo would be the fingerprint scanner of the Iphone 5S camera of the LG, the CAr doc and battery of the droid MAxx and some of the cool interface options of the z30 and having buttons at the bottom as well. Lets see what the future brings next.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't use BlackBerry if they paid me. Only a matter of time before they are bankrupt or bought out.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I found an article that made me almost get the lg g2 since it is faster and almost the same as the Max I tried in store as well. Note that even though the g2 is faster it has a 24gb user limit for data out if 32 that the Max does not and when I asked Vzw if there was a car dock yet they said it was not out yet. I ended up getting a maxx and so far I am happy w it

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/LG-G2,Motorola-DROID-MAXX/phones/7969,7970

I also found this article that was useful as well
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...256333-little-review-droid-maxx-vs-lg-g2.html

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
The maxx seems to come with limited smart actions as on the older maxx you could customize almost any action. Is there a way to get the old smart actions app back as I haven't found in play store

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I tried to use Motorola connect and added the extension to chrome but it didn't work I have seen some posts that it is being updated I will try it again in a few days seems like it would be a cool feature if it worked