New Android Device With Palm Branding May Be Coming

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
palm-webos.jpg

Many of you have very fond memories of Palm with popular devices like the Palm Treo along with many other game changing PDAs. Their entrances into the smartphone world with WebOS was also pretty well received but was too little too late. WebOS was sold to HP who essentially killed it off. Palm could be coming back soon in the form of a new Android device from Alcatel. Sources have unearthed documents showing that HP has sold Palm trademarks to a company owned by Alcatel One Touch President Nicolas Zibel. The Alcatel slogan "Smart Move" can be found gracing the homepage of plam.com. HP had sold WebOS to LG last year so it is unlikely that we will see WebOS on any future Palm devices. Instead we will probably see Android on these devices. There is currently no official word on when these devices might hit the market all we have for now is "Coming Soon".

Via WebOSNation

obxKevin

Reaction score
Interested to see what comes about with an Android variant. I think I was the one person who actually liked my VZW Palm Pixi.

Anyways, noticethat besides the "coming soon/smart move" logo, palm.com gets redirected to mynewpalm.com

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
In other, unrelated, news, Macintosh announces the new MacBook Pro with Windows 10 coming soon!