New and need help!

mrankin1120

Reaction score
I just got my new droid and I can't wait to figure it out.. but I'm having a bit of a problem! I own a macbook pro and I don't know how to sync things from my mac to my droid... like iCal and iTunes. I also need help with my contacts. For some reason under the phone icon on the left of the home screen all of my contacts show up.. but under the person icon on the right side of the screen no contacts show up. please help :/ thanks

Danariel

Reaction score
There are several different things you'll have to do to sync your fruit-based apps with Droid. First off, Droid stuff is totally based on the Google framework. You have to have a Google email address/login.

I don't have a Mac, so my help is based on web searches, but I found this article, which seems to have pretty detailed instructions for syncing Address book and iCal.

I can't vouch for the efficacy of said directions, but I hope it works.

Now, as far as iTunes goes, I do have experience (albeit with PC.) The first app I tried was Easy Tunes Sync, a free app. Didn't work at all.

I tried DoubleTwist next (it's free, but in this case you get what you pay for) and had to first sync iTunes with DoubleTwist on the PC itself, THEN sync DoubleTwist with the Incredible. Felt like a kludge, and it acted like DoubleTwist wanted to take over as primary player instead of iTunes on the PC, as well. Didn't want this, I like iTunes just fine.

The app that worked best for me, and most painlessly, was iSyncr. Yes, it costs $2.99, but it was worth it to sync my iTunes directly to the Incredible painlessly. Oh, just to let you know, it leaves an autorun file on the SD card, and my antivirus - Avira on the PC, Lookout on the phone - erroneously label this as malicious.

Anyway, hope this has helped! I'm loving my Incredible, Droid totally rocks.

OP
M

mrankin1120

Reaction score
thanks so much! the only other thing that i have a question about is my contacts... :/ i tried to explain it earlier but let me know if it doesn't make sense

Danariel

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't have a Droid X or a Mac, so diagnosing that problem is beyond me, I'm afraid. Perhaps post in the Droid X Tech Issues sub-forum?

Danariel

Reaction score
No problem! I'm a newb, too, and when I didn't see any replies to your question, I thought I'd give it my best shot. I just created my own Intro thread tonight, and I've only been a member since 6/28. I'm learning quickly, though!

OP
M

mrankin1120

Reaction score
i hate that mac and droid don't mix well... at least there are ways to fix it! you've been a ton of help!