new and having issues already

dboone04

Reaction score
Whats up I've owned my droid for over a year now and decided to explore rooting. Went through everything fine everything seems to be ok except i get an unsuccessful download error when trying to do anything on the market update/download apps. So heres my hello and I hope this is a market issue which is the only related threads I can find...thanks

OP
dboone04

dboone04

Reaction score
Rooting the Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

OP
dboone04

dboone04

Reaction score
every time, I can't get any downloads to work

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
does everything else work fine on your phone? like 3G, calling, browser? did you get any errors when doing the rooting process?

OP
dboone04

dboone04

Reaction score
everything has worked so far...gmail browsing calling in/out no issues with root everything went so smooth I knew it had to be to good to be true...hahaha

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you running a Rom?

Try clearing cache and data under, applications>manage applications>all>market

OP
dboone04

dboone04

Reaction score
nope literally just rooted and wanted to dl titanium back up before i explored any fun stuff...so I haven't actually got to do anything with root power, just got it done and have been trying to access the market since

OP
dboone04

dboone04

Reaction score
magically market started working again...I'm guessing it was same issue as everyone else had, simply market was down in my area. Anyway thanks for the nice welcome and I will be on these forums often so I'm sure we will meet again.

Thanks
Boone

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad things are working for you. Isn't magic something. I've always wondered how does a thermos know to keep one liquid hot and another cold? :)

Mike

OP
dboone04

dboone04

Reaction score
hahaha I love it...I do have a quick question completely off topic hope someone reads this and can point me the right direction here or start a new thread on the discussion but since yesturday i have made several backups flashed to a new rom and kernal. Ok with all that been said I am now on the original froyo frg22d rom and chevy1 medv 1ghz kernal.
**Now for the question, is it possible to put a new rom say chevy1 ss4.7 and restore all apps and data such as call logs icon locations ext... basicly I want to install a new rom and restore my phones data is that possible or do u just simply have to start over like formatting your hd on your pc...? thanks in advance

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know while going from say SS 4.7 to SS 4.8 it would be possible to make a back-up first, wipe data/cache switch ROM's and then within SPR restore only data

Coming from two different ROMs it is possible but could cause some confusion within the O/S, there are also apps that aid in the process of changing ROMs "Titanium Back-up" being one of them

OP
dboone04

dboone04

Reaction score
Hey thanks tparker,
I do have titanium back-up and have done a backup of all apps wasn't sure if this was the way to go or not. *just like formatting and installing apps from my raid love it*
Thanks again man