New and eager to learn!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well Cjm.. I was giving more of an idea of the process and shouldve said some kind of recovery... Lol
Edit.. I'm at work and was on break but you all know I could've posted a nice detailed steps process.. Lol
Tapped on the edge of a RAZR...
PEACE! ALL!!-------->>>D2D™

Last edited:

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Well Cjm.. I was giving more of an idea of the process and shoulder said some kind of recovery... Lol

No, you have good advice. Many have used RM successfully. It's kinda an all in 1 thing. But what I found is that using the phone to download roms "can" lead to problems. Since you're downloading the whole operating system, one small hiccup in the data connection would lead to problems. That's why I say use a computer. And Raidzero's recovery will let you overclock the recovery, allow charging while in recovery, you can name and place the backups in any folder, not just on the root of the sd(clockworkmod does this to, btw) and it will work with SP recovery and clockwork backups.

Like I said, no discredit to you D2D, you gave good advice. I was just giving my 2¢.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, you have good advice. Many have used RM successfully. It's kinda an all in 1 thing. But what I found is that using the phone to download roms "can" lead to problems. Since you're downloading the whole operating system, one small hiccup in the data connection would lead to problems. That's why I say use a computer. And Raidzero's recovery will let you overclock the recovery, allow charging while in recovery, you can name and place the backups in any folder, not just on the root of the sd(clockworkmod does this to, btw) and it will work with SP recovery and clockwork backups.

Like I said, no discredit to you D2D, you gave good advice. I was just giving my 2¢.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

It's all good brother! Lol I wish we could've gotten that recovery as well on D2! Sounds awesome.. And yes I always use cmr and manually flashed my Roms. PEACE brother!!! :)

ArticDust

Reaction score
I have found that this site is very welcoming and many people take active here on repsonsing fast when people have a question. I am also new, just wanted to say thank you to all.
Also for being new i ahve been watching some youtube videos. This is a good one which explains different things about rooting your phone.

[video=youtube;4Ps_b2IsUx8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ps_b2IsUx8[/video]

Hope this helps someone.

~ArticDust