new and disappointed

bleigh

Reaction score
I joined this site to find out if other Droid X owners are having the same trouble as me, and if I can get some help. I received a replacement Droid yesterday because the first one wouldn't connect to the network. It worked for about a week then poof - nothing. The techs at the Verizon store fooled around with it, reset it and it worked fine. Yay. I got home and it worked for about an hour then poof again. Called the Verizon store and they FedExed another. So yesterday I spent time setting up the new one and poof - the second one won't connect to the network now. I absolute love the phone (when it works) but I'm starting to think they're all duds. Sorry to be such a bummer with my first post.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is the first I've heard of this issue...and I'm a corporate rep. Not sure what would be causing that issue though...especially on 3 phones.

DroidForums junkie!

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Definitely need more information. There is something else going on. The odds of three phones doing something like this and being a hardware issue is very, very slim. I have a strong feeling something else is going on.

OP
B

bleigh

Reaction score
It's 3G and I also have a network extender ($250 later). Also, it's only been two phones. The guys at the Verizon store fixed the first phone and when that didn't work they sent me a second phone which also won't connect to the network. Both phones actually connected to the network but then stopped.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok, thought I read about 3 (been a long day). So, they both connected at the store but disconnected when You got home..?

It's 3G and I also have a network extender ($250 later). Also, it's only been two phones. The guys at the Verizon store fixed the first phone and when that didn't work they sent me a second phone which also won't connect to the network. Both phones actually connected to the network but then stopped.

DroidForums junkie!

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
I've been having problems since Sunday with the Network (3G). I lost the network around 3pm and couldn't figure out why I lost it. I ended up pulling the battery and restarting. Got the network back.

Today, within the past 2 hours, my network went from 3G, to 1X, to gone. I don't have the 3G network anymore.

I've had my Droid X since July or so. This is the first I've had this problem. I haven't updated anything on my phone, though on Friday I downloaded some games from the Marketplace.

I'd hate to have to keep pulling the battery to give me the network. Is there something I should download to monitor this? I don't have anything (that I know of) that will tell me what's running and maybe monkeying with the network.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
That's most likely an issue with the network. Have you updated your PRL at all since you got the phone? If so, has it been within the last week or two?

bonzomatic

Reaction score
Me too

Are you in Atlanta? My 3G disappeared today too. At one point I had no signal at all. It's barely holding on to 1X right now.

I've been having problems since Sunday with the Network (3G). I lost the network around 3pm and couldn't figure out why I lost it. I ended up pulling the battery and restarting. Got the network back.

Today, within the past 2 hours, my network went from 3G, to 1X, to gone. I don't have the 3G network anymore.

I've had my Droid X since July or so. This is the first I've had this problem. I haven't updated anything on my phone, though on Friday I downloaded some games from the Marketplace.

I'd hate to have to keep pulling the battery to give me the network. Is there something I should download to monitor this? I don't have anything (that I know of) that will tell me what's running and maybe monkeying with the network.

Thanks.

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
Are you in Atlanta? My 3G disappeared today too. At one point I had no signal at all. It's barely holding on to 1X right now.

Thanks.

YES! I am in Atlanta. I pulled the battery and restarted and I'm back to 1X. Phew. It's not just me.

Whoa. Back to 3G. I'm getting whiplash here! Guess it's just the Verizon network, then. Oops. Back to 1X. Got all excited for nothing.

Maybe I'll call Verizon to find out what's going on.

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
They're upgrading/working on/having problems with the towers. Possibly while turning on LTE. Hint Hint.

THANKS! At least it wasn't me.

My consolation is that I have a link to the outside world with my computer until Verizon fixes what ever's broke.

OP
B

bleigh

Reaction score
Stormy Weather,

If you want something that will tell you what's running on your phone the guys at my Verizon store installed a free app called "Advanced Task Killer". On your phone go to the Android Market, then click Apps, then All Applications, then Top Free, then Advanced Task Killer. After you download it, it will show you a list of what's running on your phone. You can unclick anything you want.