1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

new and disappointed

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by bleigh, Dec 3, 2010.

1. bleigh

bleigh New Member

I joined this site to find out if other Droid X owners are having the same trouble as me, and if I can get some help. I received a replacement Droid yesterday because the first one wouldn't connect to the network. It worked for about a week then poof - nothing. The techs at the Verizon store fooled around with it, reset it and it worked fine. Yay. I got home and it worked for about an hour then poof again. Called the Verizon store and they FedExed another. So yesterday I spent time setting up the new one and poof - the second one won't connect to the network now. I absolute love the phone (when it works) but I'm starting to think they're all duds. Sorry to be such a bummer with my first post.
  2. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

This is the first I've heard of this issue...and I'm a corporate rep. Not sure what would be causing that issue though...especially on 3 phones.

DroidForums junkie!
  3. psychotic_penguin

psychotic_penguin Premium Member Premium Member

A little more info if you would, maybe it's something we can troubleshoot for you
  4. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Definitely need more information. There is something else going on. The odds of three phones doing something like this and being a hardware issue is very, very slim. I have a strong feeling something else is going on.
  5. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Network -- 3G, Voice, or home WiFi? If it's the WiFi then the problem is most likely located in the system you have, not in the phone.
  6. bleigh

bleigh New Member

It's 3G and I also have a network extender ($250 later). Also, it's only been two phones. The guys at the Verizon store fixed the first phone and when that didn't work they sent me a second phone which also won't connect to the network. Both phones actually connected to the network but then stopped.
  7. furbearingmammal

Update your PRL and get someone to check the network extender. Does it not connect AT ALL or only at home?
  8. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

Ok, thought I read about 3 (been a long day). So, they both connected at the store but disconnected when You got home..?

DroidForums junkie!
  9. StormyHeather

StormyHeather New Member

I've been having problems since Sunday with the Network (3G). I lost the network around 3pm and couldn't figure out why I lost it. I ended up pulling the battery and restarting. Got the network back.

Today, within the past 2 hours, my network went from 3G, to 1X, to gone. I don't have the 3G network anymore.

I've had my Droid X since July or so. This is the first I've had this problem. I haven't updated anything on my phone, though on Friday I downloaded some games from the Marketplace.

I'd hate to have to keep pulling the battery to give me the network. Is there something I should download to monitor this? I don't have anything (that I know of) that will tell me what's running and maybe monkeying with the network.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  10. furbearingmammal

That's most likely an issue with the network. Have you updated your PRL at all since you got the phone? If so, has it been within the last week or two?
  11. bonzomatic

bonzomatic New Member

Me too

Are you in Atlanta? My 3G disappeared today too. At one point I had no signal at all. It's barely holding on to 1X right now.

12. StormyHeather

StormyHeather New Member

YES! I am in Atlanta. I pulled the battery and restarted and I'm back to 1X. Phew. It's not just me.

Whoa. Back to 3G. I'm getting whiplash here! Guess it's just the Verizon network, then. Oops. Back to 1X. Got all excited for nothing.

Maybe I'll call Verizon to find out what's going on.
  13. furbearingmammal

They're upgrading/working on/having problems with the towers. Possibly while turning on LTE. Hint Hint.
  14. StormyHeather

StormyHeather New Member

THANKS! At least it wasn't me.

My consolation is that I have a link to the outside world with my computer until Verizon fixes what ever's broke.
  15. bleigh

bleigh New Member

Stormy Weather,

If you want something that will tell you what's running on your phone the guys at my Verizon store installed a free app called "Advanced Task Killer". On your phone go to the Android Market, then click Apps, then All Applications, then Top Free, then Advanced Task Killer. After you download it, it will show you a list of what's running on your phone. You can unclick anything you want.
  16. furbearingmammal

17. StormyHeather

StormyHeather New Member

Task Killers

Bleigh:

If you want to see all apps running, just go to settings and Applications, Manage Applications. I remembered that after I posted. Didn't have anything strange running.

I don't use task killers as has been explained repeatedly on these forums.

Thanks, furbearingmammal, I had a task killer and read about them on the forums and promptly got rid of it a loooong time ago.

I guess Windows users are conditioned to want to kill any program that is "not necessary." I'm working through that Pavlovian response with my Droid, though. :)