New and desperate

mordantkitten

Reaction score
Hi. I got a Motorola Droid today. I am having a great deal of trouble figuring out what the manual and practically the whole Internet seem to think are simple tasks.

Verizon offers classes on this phone, I'm told. I do not want to give them the satisfaction. I certainly didn't need a degree to operate my BlackBerry.

I hope some of you can help me.

Thanks!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi. I got a Motorola Droid today. I am having a great deal of trouble figuring out what the manual and practically the whole Internet seem to think are simple tasks.

Verizon offers classes on this phone, I'm told. I do not want to give them the satisfaction. I certainly didn't need a degree to operate my BlackBerry.

I hope some of you can help me.

Thanks!
What do you mean "I do not want to give them the satisfaction"? I think that those classes could really help you. Of course we are here to help too.

OP
M

mordantkitten

Reaction score
What do you mean "I do not want to give them the satisfaction"? I think that those classes could really help you. Of course we are here to help too.

I don't know quite how to explain what I mean. I've been to some badly taught software classes where I felt patronized, and fear it might be a similar experience at Verizon, whereas I find peer forums like this quite helpful.

But please don't let me give you a bad first impression; I have been trying to work with this phone for twelve hours straight (just looked at the clock) and I just realized I'm trying too hard. I'll come back when I wake up to try and form some sensible questions. Thanks to all of you for the quick replies!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wow cakes.. Nice list ;)

i copied it from Annedroids sig and made it a shortkey :D speaking of .... i hope she's ok. i haven't seen her around for quite some time.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forums Kitten. I would say go check out the Android class but dont listen to them when they tell you to download Advanced Task Killer and you should be fine :)

@ Corina: I havent seen AnneDroid in a while either. Shes usually all over these Introduction threads lol.