New and Confused

TopHatDrew

Reaction score
Had the X about 20 days...friend talked me into rooting it...here i am trying to get a good backup...used bootstrap recovery but still unsure whats up..friend suggested using quick boot but that didnt work when it rebooted it showed a little green droid with a triangle with an exclamation point in it..about shat myself...any and all tips welcome, gonna sit back and enjoy the ride

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. Let's start you off someplace where you might get some help. ;)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Getting into bootstrap can be difficult. Sometimes the stock recovery image loads faster, so what you need to do is reboot again. Keep doing this till you can get into bootstrap. You may need to do a battery pull to force the reboot. If you simply cannot get into bootstrap after a few tries then let us know and we'll try to help. My understanding of the X is limited, but I wanted to toss that out there so you don't think your phone is bricked and you flash it back to stock. While it's possible you might have to, the chances of this being the case are very slim. :)

OP
T

TopHatDrew

Reaction score
Yea I'm running Rubix now. Kinda taking my time with other stuff. My address book from my blackberry that I transferred via Bluetooth still isn't working correctly but I'm coming around. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App