new and confused

ms.michel1008

Reaction score
I just got the Droid and Im ever so confused. I finally realized I had to create a gmail account just to use my calendar...not too happy about that. But Im still trying to figure out where to go to get new applications like instant messenger for yahoo or to purchase ringtones. Any and all advice and "oh by the way" advice is welcomed. : )

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad you found us.

Open (tap) your Market icon. This will take you to the market where you can download free and paid applications. AIM is a free app. Just search for AIM tap and it will download and install. Ringdroid is a free app that allow you to make your own ringtones.

There is a FAQ section in the Forum tab that you may find helpful.

Mike

bswnyca

Reaction score
I just got the Droid and Im ever so confused. I finally realized I had to create a gmail account just to use my calendar...not too happy about that. But Im still trying to figure out where to go to get new applications like instant messenger for yahoo or to purchase ringtones. Any and all advice and "oh by the way" advice is welcomed. : )

Ask and you shall receive [from awesome forum people, not me!] I didn't even know how to turn my droid on - it was a hit and miss - magic till I got help on the new member site. Best advice was to learn the basics first - there's still so much to learn after using flip phones forever. So I'm still a newbie and sometimes frustrated but moving forward. Welcome!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
We're (almost to a man/woman) really good people here. We'll happily help you with anything you need. Please be patient as a good answer might take a while, though, and if anyone gets rude, report their post. :)

There are a few things you'll need to learn, so I suggest reading the FAQ our friendly Mod(erator) pointed you to. If you need anything else, please ask.

:welcome: