New and Confused

SJSD

Reaction score
I'm perhaps a bit older than many of you on the forum and I need some assistance.

I stumbled on this forum because I was disappointed that I got a new Droid but it did not come with any instructions. I've been searching the web daily to find a manual of sorts but apparently nothing is available.

I've been reading the forums to look for information on personalizing my phone but have not gotten very far. I know I could be doing so much on this phone, but I'm just not even sure how to start.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a non-tech saavy person on how to get started to learning how to get the most of of her new droid?

OP
SJSD

SJSD

Reaction score
Oh my goodness, that is exactly what I needed to get started.
A million thanks Corncakes.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you are so very welcome :D of course you're welcome to post other questions you can't find an answer to but feel free to send me a private message if you'd rather:D

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome, SJSD! Glad to have you with us! Make yourself at home and jump right in! Everyone is here to help and learn! Reading the threads on the forum will only increase how much you enjoy that new Droid! The possibilities for customization are endless! Here's a really good one on apps with some descriptions and explanations:

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps

OP
SJSD

SJSD

Reaction score
Thanks AnneDroid,
My issue now is that with your help and with Corinacakes, I've been playing on the phone rather than working.... :icon_ banana:

bpad10

Reaction score
Welcome to the madness...haven't laid mine down since november...wife use to complain until I got her one a month ago...now I can't get her off it.:)

OP
SJSD

SJSD

Reaction score
@bpad10,
I am certainly not a technological wizard"ess" but as I am getting older, I'm liking this stuff more and more.

I love this phone and I want to be able to get my money's worth. I just am stunned that there was no manual with it.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh my goodness, that is exactly what I needed to get started.
A million thanks Corncakes.

Welcome aboard. With a place like this place no manuals are needed! There is a learning curve to the phone but you get past it fairly quickly. I've had my phone since November and am still discovering apps, features, things I can do with it and to it.

MrCapcom

Reaction score
And don't forget there is always a app for something thats not there lol welcome to the board and the DROID collective :)

OP
SJSD

SJSD

Reaction score
thanks to all of you. I have spent the last hour downloading themes, and also the notepad suggested by corinacakes. I'm having a ball. This is just too much fun.

I was born a generation too late. LOL

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thanks to all of you. I have spent the last hour downloading themes, and also the notepad suggested by corinacakes. I'm having a ball. This is just too much fun.

I was born a generation too late. LOL

No such thing as too late. We have one guy on here who is 86! I love that! Just take it at your own pace, and read, read, read... you'll get the hang of this in no time at all! Like Chris said above, we all still discover something new every day! You'll be a total Droid addict very soon and just as obsessed as the rest of us! :shocked:

OP
SJSD

SJSD

Reaction score
OK, here's a question for you all again. I downloaded a few themes from Panda home and I really don't like one of them, how can I delete it.

You all created a monster here :)

wkwaggoner

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
....Welcome to the FORUM....won't get into it here, but 2.1 is coming in the next couple of days so it will get even better!....the first thing that took me out was how to make and end a call....wished I had my old phone back several times....seems dumb but was very fustrating for such a simple thing....after that it all came together and i'm never far away from it which is scary and borderline OCD....57 years old and playing with wonderful toys....you're really going to wonder how you lived without it....onward

OP
SJSD

SJSD

Reaction score
Yep, OCD pretty much covers it wkwaggoner. When you say 2.1, is that something that we download to the phone? What exactly is that?