New and confused...

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Global Roms' started by Burrgoddess, May 8, 2011.

1. Burrgoddess

Burrgoddess New Member

I am new to the droid world...

A good friend has been talking me thru stuff but I am still a bit lost...

I have rooted and done a bloat freeze for the apps I don't care about and I have downloaded bootstrap.

I am totally lost on roms....What do the roms do? I have heard him talk about gingerbread and now I hear a little about honeycomb....

There is so much in the forums that I am confused.....
  2. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team Premium Member Developer

roms are made by devs like my team dev GRD we basically edit in system mods remove bloat add better features theme the rom & make it better there stock custom roms are updated a lot faster than the stock Os /Stock rom that came on your phone

gingerbread is the nest os release for google .......google has a funny way of naming there OS after desserts right now honeycomb is only for tablets
  3. chrisl20

chrisl20 New Member

What are you wanting to do with your phone exactly? Wanting to make it faster? Bettery battery? Colored completely to ur liking? ..I can explain and help walk u through some of this stuff in detail, pm me
  4. Burrgoddess

Burrgoddess New Member

Not sure what I really want to do....I think my battery is ok now that I did the bloat freeze. Faster online sounds good though, maybe do some color mods. The one thing I would love to do though is get rid of the 6 other home screens....I don't need them.
  5. robstabspeople

robstabspeople New Member

Those unnecessary home screens can easily be removed with a replacemnt home launcher. Search in your market for one. I prefer to use Go Launcher because its very stable, fast, and customizable to your liking.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Fission 2.4.3 using Tapatalk
  6. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 New Member

I prefer ADW Launcher EX myself. However the slightly more basic version, ADW Launcher, is more popular. Then there is Launcher Pro.
  7. sid_wisc

sid_wisc New Member

I have tried several launchers and currently there are several out there......

SPB 3D Shell (This one comes for $15.00 in the market and this is my favorite)
    Regina 3D Launcher (Free: Pretty cool but I did not like it since I am used to better looks of SPB.)
    Launcher Pro Plus (solid of course and the one I typically always come back to when not using SPB)
    Go Launcher EX (Seems to be jacked from launcher pro but with tons of enhancements and customization)
    ADW Launcher You heard a lot about it already..
    Open Home (not even worth trying)

and of course Stock which you currently have

Go give them a try and see what you like the best, it all depends on your liking!!! N'joy
  8. kickyindahead

kickyindahead New Member

I personally like ADW Launcher the best... Used Launcher Pro Plus when i first got my phone and it was kind of hard to transition to ADW but have grown to like it. SPB shell is NICE... but i no matter how much i play with it .. i just dont seem to like it all that much .. hm .. maybe i will force myself to start using it today .. get my dang moneys worth out of it atleast .
  9. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 New Member