1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New and concerned droid charge owner

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Nathanielh95, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Nathanielh95

Nathanielh95 New Member

Hi droidforum :). I recently got a droid charge from verizon and absolutely love the phone but the battery life concerns me. I did a lot of research before i bought the phone and I chose the charge over the thunderbolt mainly because it was said to have better battery life. But so far I can only get through about half the day with only moderate usage. I text, play games and use the internet sometimes on a wifi network. I've read around the forums and it seems that some people have a similar problem and others are very happy with it. Is this a problem with my device or is there something I can do?
  2. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

welcome to the forum. unfortunately many of these devices have same issues. there are work grounds u can try. the one thing I recommend is get rid of task killers if u have one. adjust ur personal settings, be sure to end all apps so it doesn't continuously run. I kinda suggest use ur phone to the fullest and let the battery get its work in meaning let it drain till maybe 15%. like anything new it needs to be broken into. I gave mine a couple weeks before I saw improvements. there is an app called juice defender that may help. opinions differ of course. or extended battery but last option would be to Root

Droid2Global/Xoom... IMUA Hawaii
  3. Nathanielh95

Nathanielh95 New Member

I had a tast killer on my first full day with it but I deleted it when I noticed the apps kept running themselves. I read around and found that the reason for that is it takes a lot of power hold the empty space in the ram. So based on that I eonder if just letting the apps run instead of exiting them like I have been will help the battety life. I will also try juice defender.
  4. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

JD may/may not work for ur device. I use it but im also rooted using Droid overclock app to help lot better. I can overclock to make it faster and underclock to save battery.
    either way there are options to help out.

Droid2Global/Xoom... IMUA Hawaii
  5. roseylisa

roseylisa New Member

I really need help from all of you. As you know I traded my dx2 in for a droid charge well I just went to the droid charge forum and tried to log in and it said I was banned from that site for being a spammer and that I was banned for good??? I for one do not exactly know what bein a spammer all intells but im pretty sure thats not something ive ever been or ever will be. Why would I be banned for logging in wrong twice and it said when I could return Never! Im only on these forums to learn more about my phone and I cant stop crying right now it doesnt make sence im a good person and im being accused of something that doesnt even make sense to me. Please help me straighten this up.