New Aliph Jawbone Headset

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
OK, so I'm thinking this is a cool little device. My issue with it: You come out with an application that works with the iPhone but you leave out the super hot Android platform? Are they not seeing that 2010 is the year of the Android OS like we all are? I would hope that this would be corrected very quickly since they have a website to download software from now.

Let's see how this progresses...

creflo

Reaction score
Am I correct in understanding that these are only for phone calls...media players can't send audio to them?

Shel

Reaction score
Am I correct in understanding that these are only for phone calls...media players can't send audio to them?

That is correct. The ICON is only for phone calls.

By the way, check out Jabra's Halo if you're looking for an excellent sounding, comfortable stereo bluetooth headset to listen to music from your Droid! This headset is really excellent, with great battery life and clear, pleasing sound!

Not the most compact headset, even when folded up, but they're worth the extra hassle considering the stellar sound quality and battery life! They do come with a pouch to carry them in.

31%2BA%2BA0mVEL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Shel

Reaction score
OK, so I'm thinking this is a cool little device. My issue with it: You come out with an application that works with the iPhone but you leave out the super hot Android platform? Are they not seeing that 2010 is the year of the Android OS like we all are? I would hope that this would be corrected very quickly since they have a website to download software from now.

I went to the Jawbone website, clicked on "Contact Us", and let them know that as soon as the Android OS app is released, I'd be purchasing an ICON.

I may get one anyways, but if enough of us let them know that we're on the Android OS, and would love to see them release an app for that platform, perhaps it'll happen! (You'd really think they'd know the cell phone market!)

Looks like a nice bluetooth headset!

OP
jbjtkbw00

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score

I went to the Jawbone website, clicked on "Contact Us", and let them know that as soon as the Android OS app is released, I'd be purchasing an ICON.

I may get one anyways, but if enough of us let them know that we're on the Android OS, and would love to see them release an app for that platform, perhaps it'll happen! (You'd really think they'd know the cell phone market!)

Looks like a nice bluetooth headset!

I think I will be going to their website today and do the same thing. Great suggestion!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
My issue with it: You come out with an application that works with the iPhone but you leave out the super hot Android platform? Are they not seeing that 2010 is the year of the Android OS like we all are?
It's a matter of numbers. There are just that many more iPhones out there. I'd expect for them to release an Android app but it doesn't hurt to send them a message.