New Active Phone Cooling Tech Coming To A Chevy Near You

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chevy has found a way to cool your device while it wirelessly charges in your car! This is actually pretty awesome. I have to carry devices with me at work which I need to complete my daily tasks. Sometimes I return to my van to find that my device has powered down or stopped working due to overheating as it bakes in the sun. Chevorlet has found a way to actively cool down your phone as it wirelessly charges! This is pretty awesome. The way this works is simpler then you think. A special vent will deliver cool air from your AC to a spot where your phone will sit and wirelessly charge. This seems simple enough and should be available in Chevy vehicles soon.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
*Looking at his 2013 Chevy Cruze begrudgingly*

Cool feature indeed, though, when the heat is going do they shut off that vent as to not blow heat on the phone?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Also, you can't actually use the device in that position without taking your eyes completely off the road. Interesting, but not practical.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
*Looking at his 2013 Chevy Cruze begrudgingly*

Cool feature indeed, though, when the heat is going do they shut off that vent as to not blow heat on the phone?
I've got the "chill zone" cooler in my dodge. When the air is on, it pumps it in. When the [h]eat is on, it uses outside air.

Can't speak for this, but I'd assume it's similar.

Last edited by a moderator: