New A Good Camera App.. to take pics quicker

phatkat66

Reaction score
you mean you NEED a new cam app? Just overclock your phone. It makes a difference in the shutter time.

slinky

Reaction score
I found Vignette to be the best camera application, by far. The only delay is save time to the disk, but it can be done in the background.

SarahP

Reaction score
Recommend Camera ZOOM FX for the most features, effects and free addons. Save time is very fast for me.

slinky

Reaction score
I found Vignette to be the best camera application, by far.
Gonna check this out but it would help if you could explain exactly what you mean by "best".

1. Photo quality has been no less than as good as the stock with many more and much easier options.

2. The layout is much easier to manage than Zoom FX, IMHO.

3. The zoom in/out is very nice and easy to use, if that's what you want.

4. I'm still experimenting on photo quality. They all seem to have the same crappy result but my photos using this camera app may be marginally better. The file size is much larger than the stock camera for 5MP and I'm not sure why. While many still don't look nearly as good as a 5MP camera should look, some of my photos look great when shrunken down (details are always lost with this camera.) Perhaps it might have to do with the easier ability to set the settings quickly.

For the money, I think it's worth it. The stock camera takes the quickest save to disk photos but this will save in the background.

slinky

Reaction score
Here is a picture I took which I did only 2 things - applied autolevels and autocontrast in Photoshop. Then I shrunk it down so this isn't a huge download. The picture raw was clearly a bit off. This was taken with Vignette. Quite frankly... this is pretty darn impressive.

slinky

Reaction score
No bird, but this is the stock camera. It's pretty good all things considered but I don't think it is as sharp as the photo in Vignette. I think the grass colors and color distribution is much better in the other photo. The tree and grass don't seem to have been stored with enough information to make it as smooth reproduction as the other photo - much more noise IMHO.

chudilo

Reaction score
My biggest gripe with the camera is the shutter lag. The time between I click the button to take the photo and the exposure to take place is extremely long. It's alright if it takes a while for the image to be stored , as long as the camera captures what I was trying to capture rather then what happened 10 seconds later.

Last edited:

jlamb30

Reaction score
Slinky, you're not exactly comparing apples to apples, when one is altered and the other is not. They were also taken from different positions, which changes the light entering the aperture.

That bird looks like it has a smily face. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Slammer

Reaction score
PRO Zoom Camera 5X for me.

Better pics, accurate Geotag, after shot image fixing and silent mode. Woot!

Save time is super fast too.

:motdroidvert: