Breaking News New 8.1 Feature: forgetting your screen lock will brick your device

Discussion in 'Android News' started by PereDroid, Nov 1, 2017.

1. PereDroid

PereDroid DF News Team Reporter

Ratings:
    +4,208
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    I bought a phone off Swappa when my Turbo wouldn't work in my car. Seller did not remove his account before FDR'ing. And this was on Nougat. It wouldn't let me set it up until I verified his Google account.
    Luckily he was very cool (and so sorry). We got into a Google Hangout. He temporarily changed his Google password. Gave it to me. I logged in and removed the account. Then reset it again.
    Yea, moral of the story...remove your account always...

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +10,574
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z2 Force
    I think Google changed the security rules about FDR and passwords long before Nougat. If you are doing a FDR on your own phone because of issues, or time for a clean up, etc and signing back in with the same Google account & same password then I don't think there are any issues. But yes....when you sell a phone or give to someone else to use, or buy a used phone...always remove the Google account before a factory reset.

I factory reset my work phone last month because of issues and did not remove the Google account because I knew I was signing back in with the eexact said credentials and had no issues.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

3. PereDroid

PereDroid DF News Team Reporter

Ratings:
    +4,208
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    Could have been M. V20.

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk

4. SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH Active Member

Ratings:
    +128
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Turbo 2
    I was trying to remove device administrators in an old phone so I could trade the phone in and it gave error, so the trick is to go into accounts on phone and remove Google account to and that will get rid of device administrator?
    Did Google post any official instructions on how to for a phone. In my experience an far alone the device stays in the cloud and is accessible by desktop browser but no way to remove account in cloud and unociate device from the cloud. I saw some posts about holding power and sound to an far if you forget your pin but I guess that doesn't remove Google account either. Google must have this documented I hope somewhere

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page

azs

best cameras
news