New 360 Design

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I just saw this this morning...I got a RRoD launch one, u think they will take that? I havent called to find out.

OP
etx_droid

etx_droid

Reaction score
Gamestop gives u $100 off towards trade in of a old console

That's actually not bad at all...I need to decide if I want to do this or just get a PS3. I love my 360 but those PS3 exclusive games (GOW3, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2) are so awesome and the devs are finally harnessing the power of that cell processor.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
do they not all have jasper motherboards now?

and it's about time they made the thing quieter and included wireless... paying $100+ for a wifi adapter was ridiculous

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current ones, there is a very slight chance they dont all have Jasper's, depends on where u get it from probably... This is one site I used to help me in my search:

Xbox 360 Drives - List

http://www.360drives.com/howto more info on how to spot a Jasper

Well, even looking at that sorted by manufacture date, the current non Jaspers are MS warranty replacements.

The good thing is the new slim ones will all have the Valhalla boards. I dont think any other board will fit in the slim case.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
My 360 is being shipped back from MS today after getting the RROD. Pretty quick turn around, but it's annoying that it happened in the first place.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My 360 is being shipped back from MS today after getting the RROD. Pretty quick turn around, but it's annoying that it happened in the first place.

Most xbox 360 RRoD's are produced by 1 small piece inside. It literally takes about 10-15 minutes to fix most RRoD 360's, if even that long, maybe 5-10 minutes.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

When did u get it? Cuz if u bought it and it had a Jasper board inside, they might send u a lesser board back...

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

Most xbox 360 RRoD's are produced by 1 small piece inside. It literally takes about 10-15 minutes to fix most RRoD 360's, if even that long, maybe 5-10 minutes.

What exactly are they doing when they "fix" it?

When did u get it? Cuz if u bought it and it had a Jasper board inside, they might send u a lesser board back...

I THINK I had the Jasper chip, but I can't be sure. I remember specifically looking for that after I bought it, but it's been a few years now. If they send me back one that is even MORE likely to overheat...well I can't really do anything about it, but that would suck. :)